International Firefighters’ Day observed on May 4
- International Firefighters’ Day is celebrated globally on 4 May. Basically the idea behind is to recognise and honour the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible.
World Press Freedom Day
- World Press Freedom Day popularly known as World Press Day is organised and promoted by the United Nations, observed annually on May 3.
- The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2020, “Journalism without Fear or Favour”.
World Laughter Day
- World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year. This year the World Laughter Day will be observed on May 3, 2020.
Coal Miners Day
- Every year on 4 May, Coal Miners Day is observed to honour the coal miners.
National Current Affairs Headlines
IDEAthon on ‘The Future of River Management’
The National Mission for Clean Ganga under the Ministry of Jal Shakti has jointly organised an IDEAthon on “The future of River Management’ with the National Institute of Urban Affairs to explore how the COVID-19 crisis can shape the River Management strategies for the future and featured the participation of global experts.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
PM Narendra Modi to participate in NAM virtual summit on coronavirus
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi would participate in the virtual summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) to enhance coordination of the member states in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
National e-commerce marketplace ‘Bharatmarket’
- Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) is going to launch a National e-commerce marketplace named as ‘Bharatmarket’. It will integrate the capabilities of various technology companies in order to provide end-to-end services in the logistics as well as supply chains from manufacturers to end consumers.
State Current Affairs Headlines
UP govt makes madotory Arogya Setu app people in hotspot areas
- Uttar Pradesh government has made it mandatory to download Arogya Setu app for those living in hotspot areas of the state. The state government has issued instructions regarding the opening of offices and resuming work in industrial areas.
Maharashtra to offer free insurance cover premium to its people
Maharashtra Government has announced the inclusion of the state’s whole population under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Aarogya Yojana. The state will provide free health treatment for every single person of the state.
USeful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray; Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
International Current Affairs Headlines
Russia to Launch First Satellite For Monitoring Arctic Climate This Year
- Russia will launch its first Arktika-M satellite for monitoring the Arctic climate and environment at the end of the year, General Director of the Lavochkin aerospace company Vladimir Kolmykov stated.
Science and Technology Headlines
Vaneeza Rupani names NASA’s 1st Mars Helicopter “Ingenuity”
Vaneeza Rupani an Indian origin girl has been praised by NASA for naming its 1st Mars helicopter ‘Ingenuity’. She submitted her essay in “Name the Rover” contest held by NASA. She suggested the name ‘INGENUITY’ for the helicopter, which was liked as well as accepted by NASA. Previously NASA has announced that its next rover to Mars would be named Perseverance. Perseverance and Ingenuity are scheduled to launch in July 2020 and land in February 2021 at the Mars.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- The administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA): Jim Bridenstine.
- Headquarters of NASA: Washington D.C., United States.
- The Annual New Zealand Cricket Awards has been published by New Zealand Cricket. The awards were presented online for the first time due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Former World Snooker Champion Peter Ebdon has announced his retirement from professional snooker due to various neck and back injuries.
- Australia has abolished the use of saliva & sweat to shine ball under COVID-19 guidelines. Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in consultation with doctors has come up with guidelines, banning the utilization of saliva and sweat to shine the ball.
- Padma Shri awardee & Renowned Kannada poet KS Nisar Ahmed passed away. He was also known as “Nityotsava Kavi”.
- Eminent historian, author and columnist Ronald Vivian Smith passed away. He has authored a dozen books, mostly on the National Capital such as ‘Delhi: Unknown Tales of a City’ and ‘The Delhi that No-one Knows’.
- Judicial Member, Lokpal of India, Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi passed away after getting infected from novel Coronavirus.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs in English 09 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs in English 08 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs in English 07 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Daily Current Affairs in English 05 Sep and 06 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams