Directions to Solve
Rearrange the following six sentences in proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions given below.
1. A case in point is the programme involving the Sardar Sarovar Dam which would displace about 2, 00, 000 people.
2. Critics decry the fact that a major development institution appears to absorb more capital than it distributes to borrowers.
3. For all its faults critics, however, concede that the bank remains a relatively efficient instrument for the distribution of development-aid money.
4. One of the key complaints focuses on this non-profit bank’s recent “profitability”
5. Although the lives of millions of people around the globe have been improved by the bank’s activities, it is now under fire.
6. The bank is also being blamed for large-scale involuntary resettlement to make way for dams and other construction projects.
|1.||Which sentence should come sixth in the paragraph?|
|2.||Which sentence should come third in the paragraph?|
|3.||Which sentence should come second in the paragraph?|
|4.||Which sentence should come fourth in the paragraph?|
|5.||Which sentence should come first in the paragraph?|
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
37 total views, 1 views today