1) Mitigate (Verb) – न्यूनीकरण करना
Meaning: make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful.
Synonyms: alleviate, reduce, diminish
Antonyms: aggravate, increase, intensify
Usage: “drainage schemes have helped to mitigate this problem”
2) Barest (Adjective) – नंगा
Meaning: not clothed or covered.
Synonyms: naked, unclothed, undressed
Usage: “he was bare from the waist up”
3) Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms: strict, firm, rigid
Antonyms: lenient, flexible
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
4) Rationale (Noun) – तर्काधार
Meaning: a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or belief.
Synonyms: reasoning, thinking, (logical) basis
Antonyms: discouragement, proof, reality
Usage: “he explained the rationale behind the change”
5) Ply (Noun) – परत, मोटाई
Meaning: a thickness or layer of a folded or laminated material.
Synonyms: layer, thickness, strand
Antonyms: disregard, idle, ignore
Usage: “tiles that have a black PVC ply in the lamination”
6) Deemed (Verb) – माना गया
Meaning: regard or consider in a specified way.
Synonyms: regard as, consider, judge
Antonyms: disregarded, disapproved, refuted
Usage: “the event was deemed a great success”
7) Blur (Verb) – धुंधलापन
Meaning: make or become unclear or less distinct.
Synonyms: unfocus, soften, obscure
Antonyms: sharpen, focus, clear
Usage: “tears blurred her vision”
8) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अभूतपूर्व
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms: unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
9) Plunge (Verb) – कूदना या गोता लगाना
Meaning: jump or dive quickly and energetically.
Synonyms: jump, dive, hurl oneself
Antonyms: ascent, climb, rise
Usage: “our little daughters whooped as they plunged into the sea”
10) Anomaly (Noun) – विसंगति
Meaning: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Synonyms: oddity, peculiarity, abnormality
Antonyms: average, norm, normal
Usage: “there are a number of anomalies in the present system”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
27 total views, 1 views today