1) Expedite (Verb) – शीघ्र कार्रवाई करना
Meaning: make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
Synonyms: speed up, accelerate, hurry
Antonyms: delay, hinder
Usage: “he promised to expedite economic reforms”
2) Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms: firm, rigid, rigorous
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
3) Substantial (Adjective) – सारभूत
Meaning: of considerable importance, size, or worth.
Synonyms: considerable, real, material
Usage: “a substantial amount of cash”
4) Disruption (Noun) – गड़बड़ी, अशांति
Meaning: disturbance or problems which interrupt an event, activity, or process.
Synonyms: disturbance, disordering, disarrangement
Antonyms: calm, method, order
Usage: “the scheme was planned to minimize disruption”
5) Thaw (Verb) – पिघलना
Meaning: become liquid or soft as a result of warming up.
Usage: “the river thawed and barges of food began to reach the capital”
6) Blitz (Noun) – बम बरसाना
Meaning: an intensive or sudden military attack.
Synonyms: battery, bombing, onslaught
Usage: “a heavy artillery blitz”
7) Endeavour (Verb) – प्रयास करना
Meaning: try hard to do or achieve something.
Synonyms: try, attempt, venture
Antonyms: abstention, destruction, ease
Usage: “he is endeavouring to help the Third World”
8) Fraught (Adjective) – चिंतित, परेशान
Meaning: causing or affected by anxiety or stress.
Synonyms: anxious, worried, upset
Usage:”there was a fraught silence”
9)Amenable (Adjective) – आज्ञाकारी, परिचित
Meaning: open and responsive to suggestion; easily persuaded or controlled.
Synonyms:compliant, acquiescent, biddable
Usage: “parents who have amenable children”
10) Hostage (Noun) – बन्धक व्यक्ति
Meaning: a person seized or held as security for the fulfilment of a condition.
Synonyms: captive, prisoner, detainee
Antonyms: captor, independent, escapee
Usage: “they were held hostage by armed rebels”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
19 total views, 3 views today