1) Complexity (Noun) — जटिलता
Meaning: the state or quality of being intricate or complicated.
Synonyms: complication, problem, difficulty
Usage: “an issue of great complexity”
2) Subsumed (Verb) – सम्मिलित करना
Meaning: include or absorb (something) in something else.
Synonyms: included, incorporated, comprised
Antonyms:excluded, omitted, precluded
Usage: “most of these phenomena can be subsumed under two broad categories”
3) Unscrupulous (Adjective) — अनैतिक
Meaning: having or showing no moral principles; not honest or fair.
Synonyms: unprincipled, unethical, immoral
Antonyms: ethical, honest
Usage: “unscrupulous landlords might be tempted to harass existing tenants”
4) Connived (Verb) — अनदेखा करना
Meaning: secretly allow (something immoral, illegal, or harmful) to occur.
Synonyms: deliberately ignore, overlook, not take into consideration
Antonyms: condemn, punish
Usage: “government officials were prepared to connive in impeding the course of justice”
5) Staggering (Adjective) — लड़खड़ाहट
Meaning: walk or move unsteadily, as if about to fall.
Synonyms: lurch, walk unsteadily, reel
Antonyms: continue, dive in, plunge in,stay
Usage: “he staggered to his feet, swaying a little”
6) Coffers (Noun) — मजबूत बॉक्स
Meaning: a strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
Synonyms: strongbox, money box, cash box
Usage: “a battered leather coffer sealed with a waxen crest”
7) Lull (Verb) – शांत करना
Meaning: calm or send to sleep, typically with soothing sounds or movements.
Synonyms: soothe, quiet, hush
Antonyms: waken, agitate
Usage: “the rhythm of the boat lulled her to sleep”
8) Disarray (Noun) — अव्यवस्था
Meaning: a state of disorganization or untidiness.
Synonyms: disorder, confusion, chaos
Antonyms: tidiness, orderliness
Usage:”her grey hair was in disarray”
9) Faction (Noun) — गुट
Meaning: dissension within an organization.
Synonyms: infighting, dissension, dissent
Usage: “a council increasingly split by faction”
10) Bastion (Noun) — प्राचीर
Meaning: a projecting part of a fortification built at an angle to the line of a wall, so as to allow defensive fire in several directions.
Synonyms: rampart, bulwark, parapet, fortification
Antonyms: weakness, weak spot
Usage: “he had fortified the stronghold with ditches and bastions”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams