1) Credibility (Noun) — विश्वसनीयता
Meaning: the quality of being trusted and believed in.
Synonyms: trustworthiness, reliability, dependability
Antonyms: implausibility, improbability, unlikelihood
Usage: “the government’s loss of credibility”
2) Elevation (Noun) — उन्नयन
Meaning: the action or fact of raising or being raised to a higher or more important level, state, or position.
Synonyms: promotion, upgrading, advancement
Usage: “her sudden elevation to the cabinet”
3) Reiterated (Verb) — बार बार दुहराना
Meaning: say something a gain or a number of times, typically for emphasis or clarity.
Synonyms: repeat, say again, restate
Antonyms: infrequent, few, inconstant
Usage: “she reiterated that the government would remain steadfast in its support”
4) Opaque (Adjective) — अपारदर्शी
Meaning: not able to be seen through; not transparent.
Synonyms: non-transparent, cloudy, filmy
Antonyms: transparent, translucent, clear
Usage: “bottles filled with a pale opaque liquid”
5) Bona-fide (Adjective) — सदाशयी
Meaning: genuine; real.
Synonyms: authentic, genuine, real
Antonyms: fake, bogus
Usage: “she was a bona fide expert”
6) Eminent (Adjective) — प्रख्यात
Meaning: famous and respected within a particular sphere.
Synonyms: illustrious, distinguished, renowned
Antonyms: unimportant, unknown
Usage: “one of the world’s most eminent statisticians”
7) Effusive (Adjective) — अनर्गल
Meaning: showing or expressing gratitude, pleasure, or approval in an unrestrained or heartfelt manner.
Synonyms: gushing, gushy, unrestrained
Usage: “an effusive welcome”
8) Galvanised (Verb) — चौंका देना
Meaning: shock or excite (someone) into taking action.
Synonyms: jolt, shock, startle
Usage: “the urgency of his voice galvanised them into action”
9) Converge (Verb) — एक बिंदु पर मिलना
Meaning: tend to meet at a point.
Synonyms: meet, intersect, cross
Antonyms: separate, diverge
Usage: “a pair of lines of longitude are parallel at the equator but converge toward the poles”
10) Jamboree (Noun) – समारोह या उत्सव
Meaning: a large celebration or party, typically a lavish and boisterous one.
Synonyms: rally, gathering, get-together
Antonyms: feud, division, separation, discord
Usage: “the film industry’s annual jamboree in Cannes”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams