1) Enthused (Verb) – उत्साहित होना
Meaning: express eager enjoyment, interest, or approval regarding something.
Synonyms: rave, be enthusiastic, gush, wax lyrical
Antonyms: apathetic, indifferent,uneager
Usage: “they both enthused over my new look”
2) Gusto (Noun) — उत्साह
Meaning: enjoyment and enthusiasm in doing something.
Synonyms: enthusiasm, relish, appetite
Antonyms: apathy, distaste
Usage: “Hawkins tucked into his breakfast with gusto”
3) Ebb (Verb) — धीरे-धीरे कम होना
Meaning: gradually decrease.
Synonyms: diminish, dwindle, wane
Antonyms: increase, intensify, intensification
Usage: “my enthusiasm was ebbing away”
4) Onus (Noun) – दायित्व या कर्तव्य
Meaning: something that is one’s duty or responsibility.
Synonyms: burden, responsibility, liability
Antonyms: blamelessness, faultlessness, guiltlessness
Usage:”the onus is on you to show that you have suffered loss”
5) Bounty (Noun) — पुनर्विक्रेता, पारिश्रमिक
Meaning: something given or occurring in generous amounts.
Synonyms: recompense, remuneration, commission
Usage: “bounties were paid to colonial producers of indigo dye”
6) Embark (Noun) — प्रारंभ या शुरुआत
Meaning: begin (a course of action).
Synonyms: begin, start, commence, undertake
Antonyms: disembark, land
Usage: “she embarked on a new career”
7) Depressant (Noun) — अवसाद
Meaning: reducing functional or nervous activity.
Synonyms: sedative, tranquillizer, calmative
Usage: a depressant drug
8) Accentuated (Verb) — अधिक ध्यान देने योग्य या प्रमुख बनाना
Meaning: make more noticeable or prominent.
Synonyms: focus attention on, bring/call/draw attention to
Antonyms: mask, divert attention from
Usage:”his jacket unfortunately accentuated his paunch”
9) Fillip (Noun) — प्रोत्साहन
Meaning: something which acts as a stimulus or boost to an activity.
Synonyms: stimulus, stimulation, stimulant
Usage: “the halving of car tax would provide a fillip to sales”
10) Crimp (Verb) — संपीड़ित करना
Meaning: compress (something) into small folds or ridges.
Synonyms: flute, pleat, corrugate, ruffle
Antonyms: smooth, straighten,flatten
Usage: “she crimped the edge of the pie”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams