1) Perilous (Adjective) — खतरे या जोखिम से भरा
Meaning: full of danger or risk.
Synonyms: dangerous, fraught with danger, hazardous
Antonyms: safe, secure
Usage: “a perilous journey south”
2) Pervasive (Adjective) — प्रचलित
Meaning: spreading widely throughout an area or a group of people.
Synonyms: prevalent, penetrating, pervading
Antonyms: light, limited, localised
Usage: “ageism is pervasive and entrenched in our society”
3) Dangling (Verb) – लटकना या झूलना
Meaning: hang or swing loosely.
Synonyms: hang (down), droop, sag, swing
Antonyms: upright, unbending, full
Usage: “saucepans dangled from a rail”
4) Menace (Verb) — खतरा या संभावित खतरा होना
Meaning: be a threat or possible danger to.
Synonyms: threaten, be a danger to, put at risk
Antonyms: friendly, auspicious
Usage: “Africa’s elephants are still menaced by poaching”
5) Tryst (Noun) — अंतरंग संबंध
Meaning: intimate relations with someone
Synonyms: affair, amour, fling
Antonyms: avoid, reject, decline
Usage: Her father discovers the tryst and immediately arranges to send Claire home.
6) Prominence (Noun) — प्रमुखता
Meaning: the state of being important, famous, or noticeable.
Synonyms: fame, celebrity, eminence
Antonyms: lowland, bottom, crater
Usage: “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
7) Angst (Noun) – चिंता या भय
Meaning: a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
Synonyms: anxiety, fear, dread
Antonyms: calmness, composure, ease
Usage: “the existential angst of the middle classes”
8) Nadir (Noun) — निम्नतम स्तर या बिंदु
Meaning: the lowest or most unsuccessful point in a situation.
Synonyms: the lowest point, the all-time low, the lowest level
Antonyms: zenith, acme, climax
Usage: “asking that question was the nadir of my career”
9) Deteriorate (Verb) — उत्तरोत्तर बदतर होना
Meaning: become progressively worse.
Synonyms: worsen, get worse, decline
Usage: “relations between the countries had deteriorated sharply”
10) Plummet (Verb) — तेजी से नीचे गिरना
Meaning: fall or drop straight down at high speed.
Synonyms: plunge, fall headlong, hurtle
Antonyms: arise, ascend, lift
Usage: “a climber was killed when he plummeted 300 feet down an icy gully”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
55 total views, 1 views today