1) Looming (Verb) — आसन्न होना
Meaning: seem about to happen.
Synonyms: be imminent, be on the horizon, impend
Antonyms: distant, later, remote
Usage: “there is a crisis looming”
2) Whittle (Verb) — छीलना
Meaning: carve (wood) into an object by repeatedly cutting small slices from it.
Synonyms: pare, shave, peel
Antonyms:build, destroy, develop
Usage: “he was sitting at the tent door, whittling a piece of wood with a knife”
3) Pique (Noun) — मनमुटाव
Meaning: a feeling of irritation or resentment resulting from a slight, especially to one’s pride.
Synonyms: irritation, annoyance, resentment
Antonyms:calm, cheer, delight
Usage: “he left in a fit of pique”
4) Sheer (Adjective) – पूर्ण
Meaning: nothing other than; unmitigated (used for emphasis).
Synonyms: utter, complete, absolute
Antonyms: easy, gradual, gentle
Usage: “she giggled with sheer delight”
5) Obviate (Verb) — हटाना (एक आवश्यकता या कठिनाई)
Meaning: remove (a need or difficulty).
Synonyms: preclude, prevent, remove
Antonyms: aid, allow, assist
Usage: “the presence of roller blinds obviated the need for curtains”
6) Bogged (Verb) — फंस जाना
Meaning: be prevented from making progress in a task or activity.
Synonyms: mire, stick, trap
Usage: “you must not get bogged down in detail”
7) Bloc (Noun) – गठबंधन या संघ
Meaning: a group of countries or political parties with common interests who have formed an alliance.
Synonyms: alliance, association, coalition
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage: “the Soviet bloc”
8) Impasse (Noun) — गत्यवरोध
Meaning: a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.
Synonyms: deadlock, dead end, stalemate
Antonyms: agreement, boon, breakthrough
Usage:”the current political impasse”
9) Surge (Noun) – महोर्मि
Meaning: a sudden powerful forward or upward movement, especially by a crowd or by a natural force such as the tide.
Synonyms:gush, rush, outpouring
Antonyms: decline, decrease, declining
Usage: “flooding caused by tidal surges”
10) Burnished (Verb) — चिकनाना
Meaning: polish (something, especially metal) by rubbing.
Synonyms: polish (up), shine, brightenRachat de voiture HS, Vente voiture export, Camping car accidenté https://rachatvotrevoiture.com/camping-car-accidente/
Usage: “highly burnished armour”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams