1) Gobbledygook (Noun) – अर्थहीन भाषा
Meaning: language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of technical terms.
Synonyms: bafflegab, double-talk, gibberish
Antonyms: sense, truth, possessions
Usage: “reams of financial gobbledygook”
2) Vaguest (Adjective) – अस्पष्ट
Meaning: of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning.
Synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, indeterminate
Antonyms: clear, precise, firm
Usage: “many patients suffer vague symptoms”
3) Tweak (Noun) – समायोजन, संशोधन, परिवर्तन
Meaning: a fine adjustment to a mechanism or system.
Synonyms: adjustment, modification, alteration
Antonyms: ease, release, be still
Usage: “no tweaks were required”
4) Heft (Verb) — उठाना
Meaning: lift or carry (something heavy).
Synonyms: lift, lift up, raise
Antonyms: put down
Usage: “he lifted crates and hefted boxes”
5) Quelled (Verb) — काबू पा लेना
Meaning: put an end to (a rebellion or other disorder), typically by the use of force.
Synonyms: put an end to, stamp out, put a stop to
Antonyms: bring about, prompt
Usage: “extra police were called to quell the disturbance”
6) Grim (Adjective) – गंभीर
Meaning: very serious or gloomy.
Synonyms: stern, forbidding, uninviting
Antonyms: amiable, pleasant
Usage: “his grim expression”
7) Marred (Verb) — बिगाड़ना
Meaning: impair the quality or appearance of; spoil.
Synonyms: spoil, ruin, impair
Antonyms: improve, enhance
Usage: “violence marred a number of New Year celebrations”
8) Yanked (Verb) — एक झटके से खींचना
Meaning: pull with a jerk.
Synonyms: jerk, pull, tug
Antonyms: fixed, pushed, put in
Usage: “her hair was yanked, and she screamed”
9) Vested (Verb) — को सौंपना
Meaning: confer or bestow (power, authority, property, etc.) on someone.
Synonyms: entrust to, invest in, bestow on
Antonyms: unconstitutional, contracted, illegal
Usage: “executive power is vested in the President”
10) Riposte (Noun) — जवाबी प्रहार
Meaning: a quick, clever reply to an insult or criticism.
Synonyms: retort, counter, rejoinder
Antonyms: question, request
Usage: “‘You’ve got a strange sense of honour,’ Grant riposted”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams