1) Complement (Noun) — पूरक
Meaning: a thing that contributes extra features to something else in such a way as to improve or emphasize its quality.
Synonyms: accompaniment, companion, addition
Usage: “local ales provide the perfect complement to fine food”
2) Demotion (Noun) — पदावनति
Meaning: reduction in rank or status.
Synonyms: reduction, degradation, devaluation
Antonyms: promotion, ascent, rise
Usage: “she could remain on the staff if she accepted demotion to ordinary lecturer”
3) Punitive (Adjective) — दंडात्मक
Meaning: inflicting or intended as punishment.
Synonyms: penal, disciplinary, corrective
Antonyms: beneficial, rewarding
Usage: “he called for punitive measures against the Eastern bloc”
4) Arbitrary (Adjective) – मनमाना
Meaning: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
Synonyms:capricious, whimsical, random
Antonyms: rational, reasoned
Usage: “an arbitrary decision”
5) Opaqueness (Adjective) — गैर पारदर्शी
Meaning: not able to be seen through; not transparent.
Synonyms: non-transparent, cloudy, filmy
Antonyms: transparent, translucent, clear
Usage: “bottles filled with a pale opaque liquid”
6) Erratic (Adjective) — अप्रत्याशित
Meaning: not even or regular in pattern or movement; unpredictable.
Synonyms: unpredictable, inconsistent, changeable
Antonyms: predictable, consistent
Usage: “her breathing was erratic”
7) Maverick (Noun) — एक अपरंपरागत या स्वतंत्र विचार वाला व्यक्ति
Meaning: an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
Synonyms: individualist, nonconformist, free spirit
Usage: “he’s the maverick of the senate”
8) Wanton (Adjective) — प्रचंड
Meaning: (of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.
Synonyms: deliberate, wilful, malicious
Usage: “sheer wanton vandalism”
9) Ambiguity (Noun) — अनेकार्थता
Meaning: the quality of being open to more than one interpretation; inexactness.
Synonyms: ambivalence, equivocation
Antonyms: unambiguousness, transparency
Usage: “we can detect no ambiguity in this section of the Act”
10) Internecine (Adjective) — घातक
Meaning: destructive to both sides in a conflict.
Synonyms: deadly, bloody, violent
Antonyms: harmless, safe, innocuous
Usage: “the region’s history of savage internecine warfare”
- Daily Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- Daily English Language Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- General Awareness Quiz for ECGC PO & Bank Mains Exams 2021
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: March Month– Day 1
- 27th & 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 27th and 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in English