1) Adept (Adjective) — निपुण
Meaning: very skilled or proficient at something.
Synonyms: expert, proficient, accomplished
Antonyms: inept, mediocre
Usage: “she is adept at cutting through red tape”
2) Meadows (Noun) — चरागाह
Meaning: a piece of grassland, especially one used for hay.
Synonyms: field, pasture, paddock
Usage: “a meadow ready for cutting”
3) Limping (Verb) — लंगड़ा कर चलना
Meaning: walk with difficulty, typically because of a damaged or stiff leg or foot.
Synonyms: hobble, walk with a limp, walk with difficulty
Antonyms:able, agile, capable, efficient
Usage: “he limped heavily as he moved”
4) Bruising (Verb) – चोट लगना
Meaning: inflict a bruise or bruises on (a part of the body).
Synonyms: contuse, injure, mark
Antonyms: easy,effortless, undemanding
Usage: “I fell and bruised my knee”
5) Tantalising (Verb) – इंद्रियों या इच्छाओं को उत्तेजित करना
Meaning: excite the senses or desires of (someone).
Synonyms: tease, torment, torture
Antonyms: gratify, satisfy
Usage: “she still tantalized him”
6) Unabated (Adjective) — अपरिवर्तित
Meaning: without any reduction in intensity or strength.
Synonyms: unceasing, unchanged
Usage: “the storm was raging unabated”
7) Discretion (Noun) — विवेक
Meaning: the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offence or revealing confidential information.
Synonyms: circumspection, care, carefulness
Antonyms: indiscretion, rashness
Usage: “she knew she could rely on his discretion”
8) Amalgamate (Verb) — गठबंधन या एकजुट करना
Meaning: combine or unite to form one organization or structure.
Synonyms: combine, merge, unite, integrate
Usage:”he amalgamated his company with another”
9) Etched (Verb) – जीर्णशीर्ण करना
Meaning: corrode or eat away the surface of (something).
Synonyms: corrode, bite into, eat into/away
Antonyms: built, confused
Usage: “caustic soda etches glass”
10) Novelty (Noun) — नवीनता
Meaning: the quality of being new, original, or unusual.
Synonyms: originality, newness, freshness
Usage: “the novelty of being a married woman wore off”
- Daily Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- Daily English Language Quiz for all Competitive Exams
- General Awareness Quiz for ECGC PO & Bank Mains Exams 2021
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: March Month– Day 1
- 27th & 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 27th and 28th Feb 2021 Current Affairs in English