1) Unwieldy (Adjective) — बोझल
Meaning: difficult to move because of its size, shape, or weight.
Synonyms: cumbersome, unmanageable, unhandy
Antonyms: manageable, dainty
Usage: “huge, unwieldy arc lamps”
2) Hamstrung (Verb) — पंख काटना
Meaning: severely restrict the efficiency or effectiveness of.
Synonyms: handicap, constrain, restrict
Usage: “we were hamstrung by a total lack of knowledge”
3) Bloc (Noun) — गठबंधन, संघ
Meaning: a group of countries or political parties with common interests who have formed an alliance.
Synonyms: alliance, association, coalition
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage: “the Soviet bloc”
4) Incendiary (Adjective) — आग लगानेवाला
Meaning: tending to stir up conflict.
Synonyms: inflammatory, rabble-rousing, provocative
Usage: “incendiary rhetoric”
5) Tizzy (Noun) — घबराहट
Meaning: a state of nervous excitement or agitation.
Synonyms: acrimony, anger, animosity
Antonyms: calmness, cheer, comfort
Usage: “he got into a tizzy and was talking absolute tosh”
6) Debacle (Noun) – पराजय, असफलता
Meaning: a sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco.
Synonyms: fiasco, failure, catastrophe
Antonyms: blockbuster, hit, smash, success
Usage: “the only man to reach double figures in the second-innings debacle”
7) Trajectory (Noun) — प्रक्षेपवक्र
Meaning: the path followed by a projectile flying or an object moving under the action of given forces.
Synonyms: course, route, path, track
Antonyms: deviation, wrong way
Usage: “the missile’s trajectory was preset”
8) Craters (Noun) — गड्ढा
Meaning: a large bowl-shaped cavity in the ground or on a celestial object, typically one caused by an explosion or the impact of a meteorite.
Synonyms: hollow, bowl, basin
Antonyms: mound, solid, closing
Usage: “the blast left a crater in the car park”
9) Precise (Adjective) — सटीक
Meaning: marked by exactness and accuracy of expression or detail.
Synonyms: exact, accurate, correct
Antonyms: imprecise, inaccurate
Usage: “precise directions”
10) Rover (Noun) — ऊबड़ खाबड़ भूमि पर चलाने का वाहन
Meaning: a vehicle for driving over rough terrain, especially one driven by remote control over extraterrestrial terrain.
Synonyms: wanderer, traveller, globetrotter
Antonyms: homesteader, settler
Usage: “a lunar rover”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 18
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 17
69 total views, 1 views today