1) Prevalence (Noun) — व्यापकता
Meaning: the fact or condition of being prevalent; commonness.
Synonyms: commonness, currency, widespread presence
Antonyms: infrequency, rareness, uncommonness
Usage: “the prevalence of obesity in adults”
2) Chronic (Adjective) — चिरकारी
Meaning: (of an illness) persisting for a long time or constantly recurring.
Synonyms: persistent, long-standing, long-term
Usage: “chronic bronchitis”
3) Diktat (Noun) — फरमान
Meaning: an order or decree imposed by someone in power without popular consent.
Synonyms: decree, directive, edict
Antonyms: denial, disapproval, opposition
Usage: “a diktat from the Bundestag”
4) Spur (Noun) — प्रेरणा
Meaning: a thing that prompts or encourages someone; an incentive.
Synonyms: stimulus, incentive, encouragement
Antonyms: disincentive, discouragement
Usage: “wars act as a spur to practical invention”
5) Caveat (Noun) — चेतावनी
Meaning: a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.
Synonyms: warning, caution, admonition
Antonyms: imprudence, indiscretion
Usage: “there are a number of caveats which concern the validity of the assessment results”
6) Conundrum (Noun) — पहेली
Meaning: a confusing and difficult problem or question.
Synonyms: problem, difficult question, vexed question
Antonyms: confidence, simplicity, solution
Usage: “one of the most difficult conundrums for the experts”
7) Conviction (Noun) — दोषसिद्धि
Meaning: a formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.
Synonyms: declaration/pronouncement of guilt
Usage: “she had a previous conviction for a similar offence”
8) Beleaguered (Verb) – मुश्किल स्थिति में डालना
Meaning: put in a very difficult situation.
Synonyms: hard-pressed, troubled
Antonyms: carefree, relaxed, untroubled
Usage: “the board is supporting the beleaguered director”
9) Becalmed (Verb) – स्तब्ध रहना
Meaning: leave (a sailing ship) unable to move through lack of wind.
Synonyms: stranded, stuck, marooned
Antonyms: agitated, discomposed, disquieted
Usage: “both boats hung on before the whole fleet was becalmed south of Rampholme”
10) Leeway (Noun) — स्वतंत्रता
Meaning: the amount of freedom to move or act that is available.
Synonyms: freedom, scope, room to manoeuvre
Antonyms: constraint, restriction
Usage: “the government had greater leeway to introduce reforms”
- Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners: साप्ताहिक करंट अफेयर्स वन लाइनर्स – 30 मई से 5 जून, 2022 | Download PDF
- Weekly Current Affairs 30th May 2022 to 05th June 2022
- GA Topper Series: विश्व व्यापार संगठन का 12वां मंत्रिस्तरीय सम्मेलन (12th Ministerial Conference of WTO)
- Agnipath yojna 2022: जानिए अग्निपथ योजना और इससे जुड़े महत्वपूर्ण फैक्टर
- List of important National and International Days in June 2022: देखें जून 2022 के राष्ट्रीय और अंतर्राष्ट्रीय महत्वपूर्ण दिनों की पूरी सूची (List of Important Days in June 2022)
- United Nations Public Service Day: संयुक्त राष्ट्र लोक सेवा दिवस 2022, थीम, इतिहास और महत्व