1) Prevalence (Noun) — व्यापकता
Meaning: the fact or condition of being prevalent; commonness.
Synonyms: commonness, currency, widespread presence
Antonyms: infrequency, rareness, uncommonness
Usage: “the prevalence of obesity in adults”
2) Chronic (Adjective) — चिरकारी
Meaning: (of an illness) persisting for a long time or constantly recurring.
Synonyms: persistent, long-standing, long-term
Usage: “chronic bronchitis”
3) Diktat (Noun) — फरमान
Meaning: an order or decree imposed by someone in power without popular consent.
Synonyms: decree, directive, edict
Antonyms: denial, disapproval, opposition
Usage: “a diktat from the Bundestag”
4) Spur (Noun) — प्रेरणा
Meaning: a thing that prompts or encourages someone; an incentive.
Synonyms: stimulus, incentive, encouragement
Antonyms: disincentive, discouragement
Usage: “wars act as a spur to practical invention”
5) Caveat (Noun) — चेतावनी
Meaning: a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.
Synonyms: warning, caution, admonition
Antonyms: imprudence, indiscretion
Usage: “there are a number of caveats which concern the validity of the assessment results”
6) Conundrum (Noun) — पहेली
Meaning: a confusing and difficult problem or question.
Synonyms: problem, difficult question, vexed question
Antonyms: confidence, simplicity, solution
Usage: “one of the most difficult conundrums for the experts”
7) Conviction (Noun) — दोषसिद्धि
Meaning: a formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.
Synonyms: declaration/pronouncement of guilt
Usage: “she had a previous conviction for a similar offence”
8) Beleaguered (Verb) – मुश्किल स्थिति में डालना
Meaning: put in a very difficult situation.
Synonyms: hard-pressed, troubled
Antonyms: carefree, relaxed, untroubled
Usage: “the board is supporting the beleaguered director”
9) Becalmed (Verb) – स्तब्ध रहना
Meaning: leave (a sailing ship) unable to move through lack of wind.
Synonyms: stranded, stuck, marooned
Antonyms: agitated, discomposed, disquieted
Usage: “both boats hung on before the whole fleet was becalmed south of Rampholme”
10) Leeway (Noun) — स्वतंत्रता
Meaning: the amount of freedom to move or act that is available.
Synonyms: freedom, scope, room to manoeuvre
Antonyms: constraint, restriction
Usage: “the government had greater leeway to introduce reforms”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams