1) Dispensation (Noun) – छूट, प्रतिरक्षा, अपवाद
Meaning: exemption from a rule or usual requirement.
Synonyms: exemption, immunity, exception
Antonyms: denial, disfavour
Usage: “although she was too young, she was given special dispensation to play before her birthday”
2) Disenchantment (Noun) – मोहभंग
Meaning: a feeling of disappointment about someone or something you previously respected or admired; disillusionment.
Synonyms: disillusionment, disappointment, dissatisfaction
Usage: “their growing disenchantment with the leadership”
3) Alacrity (Noun) – उत्सुकता, तत्परता
Meaning: brisk and cheerful readiness.
Synonyms: eagerness, willingness, readiness
Usage: “she accepted the invitation with alacrity”
4) Corpus (Noun) – लिखित ग्रंथों का संग्रह
Meaning: a collection of written texts, especially the entire works of a particular author or a body of writing on a particular subject.
Synonyms: collection, compilation, body
Usage: “the Darwinian corpus”
5) Robust (Adjective) – मजबूत और स्वस्थ
Meaning: strong and healthy; vigorous.
Synonyms: strong, vigorous, sturdy
Antonyms: weak, frail
Usage: “the Caplan family are a robust lot”
6) Patronage (Noun) – सरपरस्ती
Meaning: the support given by a patron.
Synonyms: sponsorship, backing, funding
Antonyms: attack, blockage, competition
Usage: “the arts could no longer depend on private patronage”
7) Dispense(Verb) – सरपरस्ती
Meaning: distribute or provide (a service or information) to a number of people.
Synonyms: distribute, pass round, pass out
Usage: “orderlies went round dispensing drinks”
8) Abrogation (Noun) – निराकरण
Meaning: the repeal or abolition of a law, right, or agreement.
Synonyms: repudiation, revocation, repeal
Antonyms: institution, introduction
Usage:This is an absolute abrogation of the principle of rangatiratanga inherent in the deed of settlement.
9)Detention (Noun) – नज़रबंदी
Meaning: the action of detaining someone or the state of being detained in official custody.
Synonyms:custody, imprisonment, confinement
Antonyms: discharge, release, acquittal
Usage: “the fifteen people arrested were still in police detention”
10) Languish (Verb) – दुर्बल होना
Meaning: lose or lack vitality; grow weak.
Synonyms: weaken, grow weak, deteriorate
Antonyms: thrive, flourish
Usage: “plants may appear to be languishing simply because they are dormant”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams