1) Endeavour (Verb) – प्रयास करना
Meaning: try hard to do or achieve something.
Synonyms: try, attempt, venture
Antonyms: abstention, destruction, ease
Usage: “he is endeavouring to help the Third World”
2) Jest (Noun) – मज़ाक
Meaning: a thing said or done for amusement; a joke.
Synonyms: joke, witticism, funny remark
Usage: “he laughed uproariously at his own jest”
3) Exemption (Noun) – प्रतिरक्षा, अपवाद
Meaning: the action of freeing or state of being free from an obligation or liability imposed on others.
Synonyms: immunity, exception, dispensation
Usage: “vehicles that may qualify for exemption from tax”
4) Disbursed (Verb) – संवितरित करना
Meaning: pay out (money from a fund).
Synonyms: pay out, lay out, spend
Usage: “$67 million of the pledged aid had already been disbursed”
5) Prodding (Verb) – उकसावा देना
Meaning: stimulate or persuade (someone who is reluctant or slow) to do something.
Synonyms: spur, stimulate, stir
Antonyms: counterincentive, disincentive, compliment
Usage: “they attempted to prod the central bank into cutting interest rates”
6) Forbearance (Noun) – सहनशीलता
Meaning: patient self-control; restraint and tolerance.
Synonyms: tolerance, toleration, patience
Antonyms: impatience, anger, impetuosity
Usage: “his unfailing courtesy and forbearance under great provocation”
7) Thrive (Verb) – फूलना फलना
Meaning: prosper; flourish.
Synonyms: flourish, prosper, grow vigorously
Antonyms: decline, wither, fail
Usage: “education groups thrive on organization”
8) Codify (Verb) – संहिताबद्ध करना
Meaning: arrange (laws or rules) into a systematic code.
Synonyms: systematize, systemize, organize
Antonyms: derange, disarrange, disarray
Usage: “the statutes have codified certain branches of common law”
9) Proviso (Noun) – परंतुक
Meaning: a condition or qualification attached to an agreement or statement.
Synonyms: condition, stipulation, provision
Antonyms: disqualification, inability, inaptitude
Usage: “he let his house with the proviso that his own staff should remain to run it”
10) Pertaining (Verb) – से संबंधित
Meaning: be appropriate, related, or applicable to.
Synonyms: concern, relate to, be related to
Antonyms: disconnected, unrelated, irrelevant
Usage: “matters pertaining to the organization of government”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 18
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 17
109 total views, 1 views today