1) Persecution (Noun) – उत्पीड़न
Meaning: hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs; oppression.
Synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment
Antonyms: happiness, help, joy
Usage: “her family fled religious persecution”
2) Ripple (Noun) – तरंग, लहर
Meaning: a small wave or series of waves on the surface of water, especially as caused by a slight breeze or an object dropping into it.
Synonyms: wavelet, wave, undulation
Antonyms:stillness, dullness, quiet
Usage: “he dived into the pool leaving barely a ripple”
3) Indignation (Noun) – रोष या नाराज़गी
Meaning: anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment.
Synonyms: resentment, umbrage, affront
Usage: “the letter filled Lucy with indignation”
4) Slumber (Verb) – नींद
Synonyms: sleep, be asleep, doze
Antonyms: wake up
Usage: “Sleeping Beauty slumbered in her forest castle”
5) Vested (Verb) – को सौंपना
Meaning: confer or bestow (power, authority, property, etc.) on someone.
Synonyms: entrust to, invest in, bestow on
Antonyms: held, kept, retained
Usage: “executive power is vested in the President”
6) Incendiary (Adjective) – आतशजदगी करनेवाला
Meaning: tending to stir up conflict.
Synonyms: inflammatory, rabble-rousing, provocative
Usage: “incendiary rhetoric”
7) Sniffed(Verb) – सूंघना
Meaning: draw up air audibly through the nose to detect a smell, to stop it running, or to express contempt.
Synonyms: inhale, snuffle, breathe in
Antonyms: exhale, hold nose, expire
Usage: “his dog sniffed at my trousers”
8) Vilification (Noun) – निंदा, आलोचना
Meaning: abusively disparaging speech or writing.
Synonyms: condemnation, criticism, censure
Usage:”the widespread vilification of politicians”
9) Arbitrary (Adjective) – मनमाना
Meaning: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
Synonyms:capricious, whimsical, random
Antonyms: rational, reasoned
Usage: “an arbitrary decision”
10) Sedition (Noun) – विद्रोह
Meaning: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
Synonyms: incitement (to riot/rebellion), agitation, rabble-rousing
Antonyms: calm, obedience, peace
Usage: In March 1848, authorities charged several leading nationalists with sedition.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams