1) Augment (Verb) – बढ़ाना
Meaning: make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
Synonyms: increase, make larger, make bigger
Usage: “he augmented his summer income by painting houses”
2) Formidable (Adjective) – दुर्जेय
Meaning: inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, or capable.
Synonyms: intimidating, forbidding, redoubtable
Antonyms:pleasant-looking, comforting, easy
Usage: “a formidable opponent”
3) Dent (Noun) – राशि या आकार में कमी
Meaning: a reduction in amount or size.
Synonyms: reduction, depletion, deduction
Usage: “he has barely made a dent in the poverty rate”
4) Robust (Adjective) – मजबूत
Meaning: strong and healthy; vigorous.
Synonyms: strong, vigorous, sturdy
Antonyms: weak, frail
Usage: “the Caplan family are a robust lot”
5) Loath (Adjective) – अनिच्छुक
Meaning: reluctant; unwilling.
Synonyms: reluctant, unwilling, disinclined
Antonyms: willing, eager
Usage: “I was loath to leave”
6) Gestation (Noun) – गर्भावधि
Meaning: the development of something over a period of time.
Synonyms: development, origination, drafting
Usage: “a thorough and painstaking work which was a long time in gestation”
7) Wary (Noun) – सतर्क
Meaning: feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems.
Synonyms: cautious, careful, circumspect
Antonyms: unwary, inattentive, trustful
Usage: “dogs which have been mistreated often remain very wary of strangers”
8) Galore (Adjective) – बहुतायत
Meaning: in abundance.
Synonyms: aplenty, in abundance, in profusion
Antonyms: in short supply
Usage:”there were prizes galore for everything”
9)Tussle (Noun) – खींचतान,संघर्ष
Meaning: a vigorous struggle or scuffle, typically in order to obtain or achieve something.
Synonyms:scuffle, fight, struggle
Antonyms: accord, agreement, calm
Usage: “there was a tussle for the ball”
10) Churn (Noun) – मथनी
Meaning: move or cause to move about vigorously.
Synonyms: be turbulent, heave, boil
Antonyms: freeze, be happy, stream
Usage: “the seas churned”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
13 total views, 1 views today