1) Reinforced (Verb) – प्रबलित करना
Meaning: strengthen or support (an object or substance), especially with additional material.
Synonyms: strengthen, fortify, bolster up
Antonyms: fragile, crumbling, decaying
Usage: “the helmet has been reinforced with a double layer of cork”
2) Outsmarts (Verb) – चतुरता में मात देना
Meaning: defeat or get the better of (someone) by being clever or cunning.
Synonyms: outwit, out-think, outmanoeuvre
Antonyms: aids, assists, explains
Usage: “the hero is invariably outsmarted by the heroine”
3) Façade (Noun) – जावक उपस्थिति
Meaning: a deceptive outward appearance.
Synonyms: show, front, appearance
Antonyms: character, personality, reality
Usage: “her flawless public facade masked private despair”
4) Discordant (Adjective) – बेताल
Meaning: disagreeing or incongruous.
Synonyms: in disagreement, at variance, at odds
Antonyms: in agreement, harmonious, compatible
Usage: “the operative principle of democracy is a balance of discordant qualities”
5) Flaking (Verb) – छीलना
Meaning: come or fall away from a surface in flakes.
Synonyms: peel off, peel, chip
Usage: “the paint had been flaking off for years”
6) Spurt (Noun) – जोरदार धारा में बह जाना
Meaning: gush out in a sudden and forceful stream.
Synonyms: squirt, shoot, spray
Antonyms: continuity, peace, trickle
Usage: “he cut his finger, and blood spurted over the sliced potatoes”
7) Sagacious (Adjective) – मेधावी
Meaning: having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgement; wise or shrewd.
Synonyms: wise, clever, intelligent
Antonyms: stupid, foolish
Usage: “they were sagacious enough to avoid any outright confrontation”
8) Anomaly (Noun) – असंगति
Meaning: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Synonyms: oddity, peculiarity, abnormality
Antonyms: average, norm, normal
Usage: “there are a number of anomalies in the present system”
9) Spurred (Verb) – उत्तेजित करना
Meaning: give an incentive or encouragement to (someone).
Synonyms: encourage, prompt, propel
Antonyms: prevented, stopped, counteracted
Usage: “her sons’ passion for computer games spurred her on to set up a software business”
10) Tedium (Noun) – एकरसता
Meaning: the state or quality of being tedious.
Synonyms: monotony, monotonousness, tediousness
Antonyms: variety, excitement
Usage: “the tedium of car journeys”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
20 total views, 1 views today