1) Mitigation (Noun) – शमन
Meaning: the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something.
Synonyms: alleviation, reduction, diminution
Usage: “the identification and mitigation of pollution”
2) Accumulating (Verb) – संचित करना
Meaning: gather together or acquire an increasing number or quantity of.
Synonyms: gather, collect, assemble
Usage: “investigators have yet to accumulate enough evidence”
3) Contaminated (Verb) – दूषित
Meaning: make (something) impure by exposure to or addition of a poisonous or polluting substance.
Synonyms: pollute, adulterate, make impure
Usage: “the site was found to be contaminated by radioactivity”
4) Frayed (Verb) – उधेडना
Meaning: unravel or become worn at the edge, typically through constant rubbing.
Synonyms: unravel, wear, wear thin
Antonyms: pristine, new, current
Usage: “cheap fabric soon frays”
5) Scurrying (Verb) – जल्दी जल्दी दौड़ना
Meaning: move hurriedly with short quick steps.
Synonyms: scamper, scuttle, bustle
Antonyms: amble, stroll
Usage: “pedestrians scurried for cover”
6) Angst (Noun) – गुस्सा
Meaning: a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
Synonyms: anxiety, fear, dread
Antonyms: calmness, composure, ease
Usage: “the existential angst of the middle classes”
7) Shunning (Verb) – बचना, बच निकलना
Meaning: persistently avoid, ignore, or reject (someone or something) through antipathy or caution.
Synonyms: avoid, evade, eschew
Antonyms: accept, seek, welcome
Usage: “he shunned fashionable society”
8) Rhetoric (Noun) – अलंकार शास्र
Meaning: the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the exploitation of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
Synonyms: oratory, eloquence, power of speech
Antonyms: conciseness, quiet, silence
Usage:”he is using a common figure of rhetoric, hyperbole”
9) Galvanising (Verb) – झटका देना या उत्साहित करना
Meaning: shock or excite (someone) into taking action.
Synonyms:jolt, shock, startle
Usage: “the urgency of his voice galvanized them into action”
10) Celestial (Adjective) – खगोलीय
Meaning: belonging or relating to heaven.
Synonyms: heavenly, holy, saintly
Antonyms: hellish, mundane
Usage: “the celestial city”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
36 total views, 1 views today