1) Confer (Verb) – प्रदान करना
Meaning: grant (a title, degree, benefit, or right).
Synonyms: bestow on, present with/to, grant to
Antonyms: withhold, remove
Usage: “the Minister may have exceeded the powers conferred on him by Parliament”
2) Amicable (Adjective) – सौहार्दपूर्ण
Meaning: characterized by friendliness and absence of discord.
Synonyms: friendly, good-natured, cordial
Usage: “an amicable settlement of the dispute”
3) Promulgated (Verb) – प्रख्यापित
Meaning: promote or make widely known (an idea or cause).
Synonyms: make known, make public, publicize
Antonyms:concealed, covered, hid
Usage: “these objectives have to be promulgated within the organization”
4) Moot (Adjective) – विवादास्पद
Meaning: subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: debatable, open to debate, open to discussion
Antonyms: accomplished, certain, hands-down
Usage: “whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point”
5) Concurrent (Adjective) – समवर्ती
Meaning: existing, happening, or done at the same time.
Synonyms: simultaneous, coincident, coinciding
Antonyms: separate, unrelated, different
Usage: “there are three concurrent art fairs around the city”
6) Scandalous (Adjective) – परिवादात्मक
Meaning: causing general public outrage by a perceived offence against morality or law.
Synonyms: discreditable, disreputable, dishonourable
Antonyms: seemly, proper
Usage: “a series of scandalous liaisons”
7) Beheaded (Verb) – सिर काटना
Meaning: cut off the head of (someone), especially as a form of execution.
Synonyms: decapitate, cut off the head of, guillotine
Usage: “Mary was beheaded at Fotheringhay”
8) Provincial (Adjective) – प्रांतीय
Meaning: of or concerning a province of a country or empire.
Synonyms: non-metropolitan, small-town, non-urban
Antonyms: national, metropolitan, cosmopolitan
9)Opprobrium (Noun) – कठोर आलोचना या निंदा
Meaning: harsh criticism or censure.
Synonyms:vilification, abuse, vituperation
Usage: “the critical opprobrium generated by his films”
10) Leniency(Noun) – दया या क्षमादान
Meaning: the fact or quality of being more merciful or tolerant than expected; clemency.
Synonyms: mercifulness, mercy, clemency
Antonyms: mercilessness, strictness, severity
Usage: “the court could show leniency”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams