1) Contagion (Noun) – रोग-संचार
Meaning: a disease spread by close contact.
Synonyms: contamination, infection, disease
Antonyms: advantage, cleanliness, purification
Usage: “through personal hygiene the spread of common contagions is discouraged”
2) Lethal (Adjective) – जानलेवा
Meaning: very harmful or destructive.
Synonyms: fatal, deadly, mortal
Antonyms: harmless, safe
Usage: “the Krakatoa eruption was the most lethal on record”
3) Viable (Adjective) – व्यवहारक्षम
Meaning: capable of working successfully; feasible.
Synonyms: workable, feasible, practicable
Usage: “the proposed investment was economically viable”
4) Impediment (Noun) – स्र्कावट
Meaning: a hindrance or obstruction in doing something.
Synonyms: hindrance, obstruction, obstacle
Usage: “a serious impediment to scientific progress”
5) Trajectory (Noun) – प्रक्षेपवक्र
Meaning: the path followed by a projectile flying or an object moving under the action of given forces.
Synonyms: course, route, path
Antonyms: deviation, wrong way
Usage: “the missile’s trajectory was preset”
6) Reckless (Adjective) – लापरवाह
Meaning: heedless of danger or the consequences of one’s actions; rash or impetuous.
Synonyms: rash, careless, thoughtless
Antonyms: careful, cautious, prudent
Usage: “you mustn’t be so reckless”
7) Enfeebled (Verb) – कमज़ोर बनाना
Meaning: make weak or feeble.
Synonyms: weaken, make weak, make feeble
Usage: “trade unions are in an enfeebled state”
8) Pristine (Adjective) – बेदाग, सही हालत में
Meaning: clean and fresh as if new; spotless.
Synonyms: immaculate, in perfect condition, perfect
Antonyms: dirty, sullied
Usage: “a pristine white shirt”
9) Void (Adjective) – अमान्य, अशक्त
Meaning: not valid or legally binding.
Synonyms: invalid, null and void, null
Usage: “the contract was void”
10) Twitches (Verb) – चिकोटी या झटका देना
Meaning: give or cause to give a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement.
Synonyms: jerk, spasm, convulse
Antonyms: aid, assist, fix
Usage: “her lips twitched and her eyelids fluttered”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
36 total views, 1 views today