1) Cohort (Noun) – जत्था या समूह
Meaning: a group of people with a common statistical characteristic.
Synonyms: group, grouping, category
Antonyms: individual, one
Usage: “the 1940–4 birth cohort of women”
2) Lucrative (Adjective) – लाभदायक या लाभप्रद
Meaning: producing a great deal of profit.
Synonyms: profitable, profit-making, gainful
Usage: “a lucrative career as a stand-up comedian”
3) Remittance (Noun) – प्रेषित धन
Meaning: a sum of money sent in payment or as a gift.
Synonyms: payment, settlement, money
Antonyms:nonpayment, evasion, defaulting
Usage: “complete your booking form and send it together with your remittance”
4) Subsistence (Noun) – जीवन निर्वाह
Meaning: the action or fact of maintaining or supporting oneself, especially at a minimal level.
Synonyms: maintenance, keep, upkeep
Antonyms: inexistence, nonbeing, nonexistence
Usage: “the minimum income needed for subsistence”
5) Procuring (Verb) – प्राप्त करना
Meaning: obtain (something), especially with care or effort.
Synonyms: obtain, acquire, get
Antonyms: giving, according, ceding
Usage: “food procured for the rebels”
6) Succour(Noun) – परेशानी में सहायता
Meaning: assistance and support in times of hardship and distress.
Synonyms: aid, help, a helping hand
Antonyms: hindrance, obstruction, opposition
Usage: “the wounded had little chance of succour”
7) Nurtured (Verb) – पालना या देखभाल करना
Meaning: care for and protect (someone or something) while they are growing.
Synonyms: bring up, care for, provide for
Antonyms: neglect, hinder
Usage: “Jarrett was nurtured by his parents in a close-knit family”
8) Juncture (Noun) – समयबिंदु
Meaning: a particular point in events or time.
Synonyms: point, point in time, time
Antonyms: advantage, blessing, calm
Usage:”it is difficult to say at this juncture whether this upturn can be sustained”
9)Myriad (Noun) – असंख्य
Meaning: a countless or extremely great number of people or things.
Synonyms:quantities, mass, crowd
Antonyms: countable, enumerable,numberable
Usage: “myriads of insects danced around the light above my head”
10) Harness (Verb) – नियंत्रण करना
Meaning: control and make use of (natural resources), especially to produce energy.
Synonyms: control, exploit, utilize
Usage: “attempts to harness solar energy”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
32 total views, 1 views today