1) India observes the National Dengue Day on which date annually ?
A) May 25
B) May 16
C) May 18
D) May 19
2) What is the theme of the World Hypertension Day observed every year on May 17 ?
A) Manage and Sustain
B) Know your numbers
C) Measure Your Blood Pressure, Control It, Live Longer, to increase high blood pressure (BP) awareness in all populations around the world
D) Hypertension 2020
3) As per the latest measures of economic support which have been announced by Finance Minister, the borrowing limit of states has been increased to ______ percent for 2020-21 only.
4) The National Restaurants Association of India has partnered with which company to build its own tech platform for online payments and digital ordering ?
5) Who has been appointed as the New Managing Director of J&K Bank ?
A) PS Jayakumar
B) Shikha Sharma
C) Zubair Iqbal
D) RK Chibber
6) What is the theme of the International Museum Day observed every year on May 18 ?
A) Hyperconnected Museums: New approaches, new publics
B) The Future of Tradition
C) Museums as Cultural Hubs
D) Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion
7) Benjamin Netanyahu is all set to lead Israel with a historic win as a prime minister. He will now be serving for ________ term.
8) International Day of Light is celebrated every year on 16 May. The first anniversary was celebrated in which year for the successful operation of lasers by physicist Theodore Maiman ?
9) The Union HRD Minister has e-Launched seven titles on “Psycho-Social Impact of Pandemic & Lockdown and How to Cope With”. The series has been published by _________.
A) PHI Learning
D) NBT India
10) What is the theme of the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day observed year on May 17 ?
A) Raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of the Internet
B) Bridging the standardisation gap
C) Ensuring connectivity
D) Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
11) The low profile ceremony to commission the Seventh MK IV Landing Craft Utility, IN LCU L57 was held in _________.
B) Port Blair
12) Who among the following has shared the second spot with Reuben brothers in UK Rich List 2020 ?
A) Vijay and Bikhu Patel
B) Ranjit and Baljinder Boparan
C) Mayurbhai Madhvani
D) Hinduja brothers
13) The UN General Assembly declared the International Day of Living Together in Peace on which date in an effort to mobilize the international community to promote peace ?
A) May 18
B) May 19
C) May 16
D) May 20
14) Former Rugby league captain Arthur Summons who passed away recently belonged to which country ?
B) South Africa
D) New Zealand
15) The Centre has launched an online dashboard to monitor movement of migrant workers. Who among the following has developed the online dashboard ?
16) The Madhya Pradesh government has launched which initiative to provide shoes and slippers to migrant labourers going barefoot ?
A) The Shoe campaign
C) Charan Paduka
17) Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will represent India at the WHO’s _________World Health Assembly to be held on May 18.
18) Name the initiative announced by the Finance Minister to provide psychological support to students, teachers and families for their mental health and emotional well-being ?
A) PM ESehat
19) Who will head the AYUSH task force which has recently been constituted by the Maharashtra government?
A) Dr. Anmol Kolhe
B) Dr. Heena Gavit
C) Dr. Tatyarao Lahane
D) Dr. Kshama Metre
20) Alibaba’s Jack Ma has recently resigned as the board member of which company ?
C) Taobao Marketplace
21) Which division of Railway has developed a robotic device ‘Rail-Bot’ to strengthen hospital care and help in hospital management functions ?
B) South Eastern
C) South Central
22) According to Goldman Sachs, India’s GDP is likely to fall by _________ percent in the June quarter against an earlier estimated contraction of 0.4 percent.
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
23 total views, 1 views today