1) Consensus (Noun) – मतैक्य
Meaning: a general agreement.
Synonyms: agreement, harmony, concord
Antonyms: disagreement, minority view
Usage: “there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed”
2) Incurring (Verb) – के अधीन हो जाना
Meaning: become subject to (something unwelcome or unpleasant) as a result of one’s own behaviour or actions.
Synonyms: suffer, sustain, experience
Usage: “I will pay any expenses incurred”
3) Certitude (Noun) – निश्चितता
Meaning: absolute certainty or conviction that something is the case.
Synonyms: certainty, confidence, sureness
Usage: “the question may never be answered with certitude”
4) Daunting (Adjective) – भयभीत करने वाला
Meaning: seeming difficult to deal with in prospect; intimidating.
Synonyms: intimidating, formidable, disconcerting
Antonyms: encouraging, heartening
Usage: “a daunting task”
5) Zeal (Noun) – बड़ी ऊर्जा या उत्साह या जोश
Meaning: great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
Synonyms: passion, zealousness, committedness
Antonyms: apathy, indifference
Usage: “his zeal for privatization”
6) Amid (Preposition) – के बीच में
Meaning: surrounded by; in the middle of.
Synonyms: in the middle of, surrounded by
Usage: “our dream home, set amid magnificent rolling countryside”
7) Desperation (Noun) – निराशा
Meaning: a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behaviour.
Synonyms: hopelessness, despair, distress
Antonyms: hope, hopefulness
Usage: “she wrote to him in desperation”
8) Dwindling (Verb) – कम करना या घटाना
Meaning: diminish gradually in size, amount, or strength.
Synonyms: diminish, decrease, reduce
Antonyms: increase, flourish
Usage: “traffic has dwindled to a trickle”
9) Combat (Noun) – युद्ध
Meaning: fighting between armed forces.
Synonyms: battle, fighting, action
Antonyms: agreement, armistice, peace
Usage: “five Hurricanes were shot down in combat”
10) Appalling (Adjective) – भय उत्पन्न करनेवाला
Meaning: causing shock or dismay; horrific.
Synonyms: shocking, horrific, horrifying
Antonyms: comforting, consolatory
Usage: “the cat suffered appalling injuries during the attack”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams