1) Stimulus (Noun) – उद्दीपन
Meaning: a thing or event that evokes a specific functional reaction in an organ or tissue.
Synonyms: spur, stimulant, encouragement
Antonyms: deterrent, discouragement
Usage: “areas of the brain which respond to auditory stimuli”
2) Crank (Noun) – शुरू करना
Meaning: give a bend to
Synonyms: start, turn (over), get going
Usage: “I’ve cranked the shaft of the gear lever to get it further away from the dashboard”
3) Desperate (Adjective) – बेकरार
Meaning: feeling or showing a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.
Synonyms: despairing, hopeless, anguished
Usage: “a desperate sadness enveloped Ruth”
4) Ensuing (Noun) – परिणाम, विकसित हुआ
Meaning: happen or occur afterwards or as a result.
Synonyms: result, follow, develop
Antonyms: antecedent, preceding, anterior
Usage: “the difficulties which ensued from their commitment to Cuba”
5) Enthused (Verb) – अति उत्साहित करना
Meaning: express eager enjoyment, interest, or approval regarding something.
Synonyms: rave, be enthusiastic
Antonyms: apathetic, indifferent
Usage: “they both enthused over my new look”
6) Gamble (Verb) – जुआ खेलना
Meaning: play games of chance for money; bet.
Synonyms: bet, wager, place a bet
Antonyms: banker, certainty
Usage: “he gambles on football”
7) Egregious (Adjective) – बहुत बुरा या चौंका देने वाला
Meaning: outstandingly bad; shocking.
Synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific
Usage: “egregious abuses of copyright”
8) Sedition(Noun) – भड़काना
Meaning: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
Synonyms: provocation, inflaming
Antonyms: calm, obedience
Usage:In March 1848, authorities charged several leading nationalists with sedition.
9)Befuddling(Verb) – मदहोश हो जाना
Meaning: cause to become unable to think clearly.
Synonyms:confused, muddled, addled
Usage: “even in my befuddled state I could see that they meant trouble”
10) Intimidate (Verb) – धमकाना
Meaning: frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants.
Synonyms: frighten, menace, terrify
Antonyms: assist, assure, calm
Usage: “the forts are designed to intimidate the nationalist population”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
18 total views, 1 views today