- World Art Day is celebrated worldwide on 15th April every year to promote the development, diffusion and enjoyment of art. This day is being celebrated all over the world to emphasize the importance of art that nurtures creativity, innovation and cultural diversity for all peoples across the globe.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Director General of UNESCO: Audrey Azoulay.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- First-ever live fitness sessions for school students by Fit India and CBSE for school students in the Lockdown 2.0. Live sessions will commence from 9:30 morning and students can get access to these live sessions on Facebook and Instagram handles of Fit India Movement and CBSE.
- As every one stuck in their home due to coronavirus outbreak and no one will able to go anywhere to visit so, a webinar series titled “DekhoApnaDesh” has been launched by the Indian Tourism Ministry. This unique series has been launched by the tourism ministry to provide information on many destinations and culture & heritage of Incredible India.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is going to run live counseling sessions on free-to-air DTH channels for secondary and senior secondary levels respectively in order to overcome the loss of academic time of the students.
Internation Current Affairs Headlines
- President of United States Mr.Donald Trump has announced that he has instructed his administration to stop US funding for the World Health Organization (WHO), which he accused of grossly mismanaging and covering-up the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- In the same confrence Mr. Trump said that US provide 400-500M$ funding to WHO. President Trump stated, had the WHO done its job to get medical experts into China to objectively assess the situation on the ground and to call out China’s lack of transparency, the outbreak could have been contained at its source with very little death.
State Current Affairs Headlines
- Due to prevent from COVID-19, all states in India following some model which already provided good results in other area. Now this time Uttar Pradesh became 1st state to start “Pool Testing” of Covid-19 samples.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has given permission to Uttar Pradesh to start “Pool Testing” of COVID-19 samples in the state.
- Jharkhand hospitals employ ‘COBOT-Robotics’ Robots to serve food, medicine to COVID-19 patients without human intervention. The remote-controlled robot dubbed as ‘COBOT-Robotics’ has been developed by District Deputy Development Commissioner (DDC) Aditya Ranjan and his team of engineers.
- Manipur Government has launched Electronic format of comic textbooks. The Department of Education (schools) has initiated the electronic format comic textbooks for Class III, IV and V as steps and measures to make up the gaps for the academic situation, especially for the schools.
- Goa becomes the first state to integrate allopathy and Ayurveda to boost the immunity of COVID-19 patients and those who have been quarantined. The treatment will be administered in consultation with doctors who are dealing with COVID-19 patients, who is also an Ayurvedic practitioner.
Science and Technology Headlines
- The “COVSACK” is a kiosk developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the COVID-19 sample collections. This newly made kiosk can make the process of collecting samples free of infection spread and will help in combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Google has launched ‘Nearby Spot’ under their famous money transfer application “Google Pay” to assist users to find local stores selling essentials like groceries that are open, amid the lockdown. The Google “Nearby Spot” is going to be launched in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, and Delhi soon.
Sports Current Affairs Headlines
- The National Sports Federation of India has announced that it will host the Asian Boxing Championships for men and women in November-December this year. The host city of the competition is not yet decided.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of Boxing Federation of India: New Delhi
- President of Boxing Federation of Indian: Ajay Singh.
- BFI is the governing body for Olympic boxing in India. It represents India at the International Boxing Association.