1) Negate (Verb) – अप्रभावी बनाना
Meaning: make ineffective; nullify.
Synonyms: invalidate, nullify
Antonyms: confirm, support, validate
Usage: “alcohol negates the effects of the drug”
2) Clamping (Verb) – जकड़ना
Meaning: fasten (something) in place with a clamp.
Synonyms: fasten, secure, fix
Antonyms:loosing, loosening, unfastening
Usage: “the sander is clamped on to the edge of a workbench”
3) Stark (Adjective) – रूपरेखा में गंभीर
Meaning: severe or bare in appearance or outline.
Synonyms: sharply delineated, sharp, sharply defined
Antonyms:pleasant, comfortable, ornate
Usage: “the ridge formed a stark silhouette against the sky”
4) Restraint (Noun) – आत्म-संयम
Meaning:unemotional, dispassionate, or moderate behaviour; self-control.
Synonyms: self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline
Antonyms: abandon, forwardness, outspokenness
Usage: “he urged the protestors to exercise restraint”
5) Courted (Verb) – खुशामद करना
Meaning: pay special attention to (someone) in an attempt to win their support or favour.
Synonyms: make up to, play up to, ingratiate oneself with
Antonyms: condemned, denied, displeased
Usage: “Western politicians courted the leaders of the newly independent states”
6) Dissent (Noun) – मतभेद या असहमति
Meaning: the holding or expression of opinions at variance with those commonly or officially held.
Synonyms: disagreement, lack of agreement, difference of opinion
Antonyms: agreement, acceptance
Usage: “there was no dissent from this view”
7) Unimpeachable (Adjective) – भरोसेमंद, विश्वसनीय
Meaning: not able to be doubted, questioned, or criticized; entirely trustworthy.
Synonyms: trustworthy, reliable, dependable
Antonyms: dubious, unreliable
Usage: “an unimpeachable witness”
8) Obstructed (Verb) – अवरोधित
Meaning: block (an opening, path, road, etc.); be or get in the way of.
Synonyms: block, block up, clog
Usage:”she was obstructing the entrance”
9) Acquittal (Noun) – दोषमुक्ति
Meaning: a judgement or verdict that a person is not guilty of the crime with which they have been charged.
Synonyms: absolution, clearing, exoneration
Usage: “the trial resulted in an acquittal”
10) Vicious (Adjective) – क्रूर या हिंसक
Meaning: deliberately cruel or violent.
Synonyms: brutal, ferocious, savage
Antonyms: gentle, kindly, benevolent
Usage: “a vicious assault”
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines in Hindi 24th and 25th Sep 2020
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz for 24th and 25th Sep 2020 in Hindi and English
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines 24th and 25th Sep 2020
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month– Day 24
- Daily Current Affairs for 23rd Sep 2020 in English and Hindi
- Daily Current Affairs in Hindi: 23rd Sep 2020