1) Semblance (Noun) – बाहरी दिखावा
Meaning: the outward appearance or apparent form of something, especially when the reality is different.
Synonyms: appearance, outward appearance, approximation
Antonyms: back, character, concrete
Usage: “she tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order”
2) Inevitable (Noun) – अपरिहार्य
Meaning: certain to happen; unavoidable.
Synonyms: unavoidable, inescapable, bound to happen
Usage: “war was inevitable”
3) Combating (Verb) – संग्राम करना
Meaning: take action to reduce or prevent (something bad or undesirable).
Synonyms: fight, battle against, do battle with
Antonyms:give in to
Usage: “an effort to combat drug trafficking”
4) Malady (Noun) – एक बीमारी
Meaning: a disease or ailment.
Synonyms: illness, sickness, ailment
Antonyms: health, wellness, comfort
Usage: “an incurable malady”
5) Reconciliation (Noun) – सुलह
Meaning: the restoration of friendly relations.
Synonyms: reuniting, reunion, conciliation
Antonyms: estrangement, alienation, feud
Usage: “his reconciliation with your uncle”
6) Discord (Noun) – कलह
Meaning: disagreement between people.
Synonyms: strife, conflict, friction
Antonyms: agreement, accord, harmony
Usage: “a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord”
7) Cynical (Noun) – निंदक
Meaning: doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile.
Synonyms: sceptical, doubtful, distrustful
Antonyms: optimistic, credulous
Usage: “most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city”
8) Quaint (Adjective) – असामान्य या पुराने जमाने का
Meaning: attractively unusual or old-fashioned.
Synonyms: picturesque, charming, sweet
Antonyms: modern, ugly, normal
Usage:”quaint country cottages”
9)Frayed (Verb) – उधेड़ जाना या घिस जाना
Meaning: unravel or become worn at the edge, typically through constant rubbing.
Synonyms:unravel, wear, wear thin
Antonyms: pristine, new, current
Usage: “cheap fabric soon frays”
10)Detained (Verb) – पकड़े रहना या हिरासत में लेना
Meaning: officially seize and hold (goods).
Synonyms: hold, take into custody
Usage: “customs officers may detain goods for up to two days”
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
63 total views, 1 views today