1) Hubris (Noun) – अभिमान
Meaning: excessive pride or self-confidence.
Synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness
Usage: “the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s”
2) Bluster (Verb) – आक्रमक तरीके से बात करना
Meaning: talk in a loud, aggressive, or indignant way with little effect.
Synonyms: rant, thunder, boast
Antonyms:quiet, silence, silentness
Usage: “you threaten and bluster, but won’t carry it through”
3) Rhetorical (Verb) – आलंकारिक
Meaning: relating to or concerned with the art of rhetoric.
Synonyms: stylistic, oratorical, linguistic
Antonyms:nonlexical, nonlinguistic, nonverbal
Usage: “repetition is a common rhetorical device”
4) Indigenous (Adjective) – देशज
Meaning: originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
Synonyms: native, aboriginal, local
Antonyms: expatriate, migrant, adventitious
Usage: “the indigenous peoples of Siberia”
5) Perception (Noun) – अनुभूति
Meaning: awareness of something through the senses.
Synonyms: discernment, appreciation, recognition
Antonyms: ignorance, stupidity, idiocy
Usage: “the perception of pain”
6) Abhorrent (Adjective) – घिनौनापन
Meaning: inspiring disgust and loathing; repugnant.
Synonyms: detestable, detested, hateful
Antonyms: admirable, loved
Usage: “racism was abhorrent to us all”
7) Coherent (Adjective) – संसक्त
Meaning: logical and consistent.
Synonyms: logical, reasoned, reasonable
Antonyms: incoherent, muddled
Usage: “they failed to develop a coherent economic strategy”
8) Surge (Noun) – महोर्मि
Meaning: a sudden powerful forward or upward movement, especially by a crowd or by a natural force such as the tide.
Synonyms: gush, rush, outpouring
Antonyms: decline, decrease, fall
Usage:”flooding caused by tidal surges”
9) Resounding (Adjective) – अचूक या विशाल
Meaning: unmistakable; emphatic.
Synonyms:enormous, huge, massive
Antonyms: insignificant, tiny
Usage: “the evening was a resounding success”
10) Accord (Verb) – किसी को देना (शक्ति, स्थिति या मान्यता)
Meaning: give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).
Synonyms: give, grant, tender
Antonyms: withhold, remove
Usage: “the powers accorded to the head of state”
- 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 13th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 18th and 19th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 16th & 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
37 total views, 1 views today