1) Sluggish (Adjective) – सुस्त
Meaning: slow-moving or inactive.
Synonyms: inactive, quiet, slow
Antonyms: busy, brisk
Usage: “a sluggish stream”
2) Plummeted (Verb) – तेज गति से सीधे नीचे गिरना
Meaning: fall or drop straight down at high speed.
Synonyms: plunge, fall headlong, hurtle
Antonyms:arose, arisen, ascended
Usage: “a climber was killed when he plummeted 300 feet down an icy gully”
3) Transient (Adjective) – क्षणिक
Meaning: lasting only for a short time; impermanent.
Synonyms: transitory, temporary, short-lived
Antonyms:permanent, perpetual, constant
Usage: “a transient cold spell”
4) Anomaly (Noun) – असंगति
Meaning: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Synonyms: oddity, peculiarity, abnormality
Antonyms: average, norm, normal
Usage: “there are a number of anomalies in the present system”
5) Divergence (Noun) – विचलन की प्रक्रिया या स्थिति
Meaning: the process or state of diverging.
Synonyms: separation, dividing, parting
Antonyms: convergence, conjunction, meeting
Usage: “the divergence between primates and other groups”
6) Bust (Noun) – जो विफल हुआ
Meaning: something that has failed
Synonyms: bomb, bummer, catastrophe
Antonyms: blockbuster, hit, smash
Usage: In writing my debut novel, The Home Place, I had to bust some Western mythology to tell the truth.
7) Gory (Adjective) – रक्तमय
Meaning: involving or showing violence and bloodshed.
Synonyms: grisly, gruesome, violent
Antonyms: charming, uplifting
Usage: “a gory horror film”
8) Grisly (Adjective) – भीषण, भयावह
Meaning: causing horror or disgust.
Synonyms: gruesome, ghastly, frightful
Antonyms: pleasant, attractive
Usage:”the town was shaken by a series of grisly crimes”
9) Transpired (Verb) – जान जाना
Meaning: come to be known; be revealed.
Synonyms:become known, become apparent, be revealed
Antonyms: complicated, confused, obfuscated
Usage: “it transpired that millions of dollars of debt had been hidden in a complex web of transactions”
10) Credibility (Noun) – विश्वसनीयता
Meaning: the quality of being convincing or believable.
Synonyms: plausibility, believability, acceptability
Usage: “the book’s anecdotes have scant regard for credibility”
- 30th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 30th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
50 total views, 1 views today