1) Myriad (Noun)– असंख्य
Meaning: a countless or extremely great number of people or things.
Synonyms: multitude, a large/great number/quantity, a lot
Antonyms: countable, enumerable, numberable
Usage: “myriads of insects danced around the light above my head”
2) Amid (Preposition)– के बीच में या के दरम्यान
Meaning: surrounded by; in the middle of.
Synonyms: in the middle of, surrounded by, among
Usage: “our dream home, set amid magnificent rolling countryside”
3) Tabulate (Verb) – सारणीबद्ध करना
Meaning: arrange (data) in tabular form.
Synonyms: arrange, order, organize
Antonyms:confuse, disarrange, disorder
Usage: “the system is designed to enable users to extract, analyse, and tabulate data”
4) Brunt (Noun) – पूरी ताकत, बल, प्रभाव
Meaning: the worst part or chief impact of a specified action.
Synonyms: full force, force, impact
Antonyms: ease, peace, relaxation
Usage: “education will bear the brunt of the cuts”
5) Enumerating (Verb) – गणना करना
Meaning: mention (a number of things) one by one.
Synonyms: list, itemize, catalogue
Antonyms: concealing, estimating, guessing
Usage: “there is not space to enumerate all his works”
6) Turmoil(Noun) – उथल-पुथल
Meaning: a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: confusion, upheaval(s), turbulence
Antonyms: calm, peace
Usage: “the country was in turmoil”
7) Exacerbates (Verb) – बिगाड़ना
Meaning: make (a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling) worse.
Synonyms: aggravate, make worse, worsen
Antonyms: calm, reduce
Usage: “the exorbitant cost of land in urban areas only exacerbated the problem”
8) Muddle (Verb) – गड़बड़ करना
Meaning: bring into a disordered or confusing state.
Synonyms: confuse, mix up, jumble
Antonyms: be in (good) order, orderly
Usage:”I fear he may have muddled the message”
9)Unison (Noun) – एक साथ प्रदर्शन या उच्चारण
Meaning: simultaneous performance or utterance of action or speech.
Synonyms:simultaneously, at (one and) the same time
Antonyms: conflict, disagreement, dissensus
Usage: “‘Yes, sir,’ said the girls in unison”
10) Prerequisite (Noun) – आवश्यक शर्त
Meaning: a thing that is required as a prior condition for something else to happen or exist.
Synonyms: necessary condition, precondition, condition
Usage: “sponsorship is not a prerequisite for any of our courses”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 18
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 17
107 total views, 1 views today