1) Ratified (Verb) – की पुष्टि करना
Meaning: sign or give formal consent to (a treaty, contract, or agreement), making it officially valid.
Synonyms: confirm, approve, sanction
Antonyms: disallowed, disapproved, discouraged
Usage: “both countries were due to ratify the treaty by the end of the year”
2) Reconciliation (Noun) – सुलह
Meaning: the restoration of friendly relations.
Synonyms: reuniting, reunion, conciliation
Antonyms: alienation, feud, incompatibility
Usage: “his reconciliation with your uncle”
3) Relic (Noun) – कलाकृति, ऐतिहासिक वस्तु, प्राचीन वस्तु
Meaning: an object surviving from an earlier time, especially one of historical interest.
Synonyms: artifact, historical object, ancient object
Antonyms: creation, innovation, invention
Usage: “a museum of railway relics”
4) Retaliation (Noun) – प्रतिशोध
Meaning: the action of returning a military attack; counter-attack.
Synonyms: revenge, vengeance, reprisal
Antonyms: forgiveness, pardon, sympathy
Usage: “the bombings are believed to be in retaliation for the trial of 15 suspects”
5) Slumping (Verb) – अकस्मात पतन
Meaning: sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply.
Synonyms: sit heavily, flop, flump
Antonyms: stand up, sit up
Usage: “she slumped against the cushions”
6) Extradite (Verb) – प्रत्यर्पित करना
Meaning: hand over (a person accused or convicted of a crime) to the jurisdiction of the foreign state in which the crime was committed.
Synonyms: deport, hand over, send back
Antonyms: hold, keep, allow
Usage: “Brazil refused to extradite him to Britain”
7) Coup (Noun) – तख्तापलट
Meaning: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.
Synonyms: seizure of power, overthrow, takeover
Usage: “he was overthrown in an army coup”
8) Deteriorating (Verb) – और भी ख़राब होना
Meaning: become progressively worse.
Synonyms: worsen, get worse, decline
Usage: “relations between the countries had deteriorated sharply”
9) Primacy (Noun) – प्रधानता
Meaning: the fact of being pre-eminent or most important.
Synonyms: greater importance, priority, precedence
Antonyms: last place, bottom, last position
Usage: “London’s primacy as a financial centre”
10) Stiff (Adjective) – कठोर
Meaning: not easily bent or changed in shape; rigid.
Synonyms: rigid, hard, firm
Antonyms: flexible, plastic, limp
Usage: “a stiff black collar”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
16 total views, 3 views today