1) Mooted (Verb) – उठाना
Meaning: raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility).
Synonyms: raise, bring up, broach
Antonyms: accomplished, certain
Usage: “the scheme was first mooted last October”
2) Revival (Noun) – पुनः प्रवर्तन
Meaning: an improvement in the condition, strength, or fortunes of someone or something.
Synonyms: improvement, rallying, picking up
Usage: “a revival in the fortunes of the party”
3) Perverse (Adjective) – विकृत, अजीब
Meaning: showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable.
Synonyms: awkward, contrary, difficult
Usage: “Kate’s perverse decision not to cooperate held good”
4) Embarked (Verb) – पोतारोहण करना
Meaning: go on board a ship or aircraft.
Synonyms: take ship, take off, hop on
Antonyms: disembark, land
Usage: “he embarked for India in 1817”
5) Assent (Verb) – सहमति प्रकट करना
Meaning: express approval or agreement.
Synonyms: agree to, accept, approve
Antonyms: dissent from, refuse
Usage: “the Prime Minister assented to the change”
6) Egregious (Adjective) – बहुत बुरा या चौंका देने वाला
Meaning: outstandingly bad; shocking.
Synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific
Usage: “egregious abuses of copyright”
7) Apathy (Noun) – रुचि या उत्साह की कमी
Meaning: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm
Antonyms: enthusiasm, interest, passion
Usage: “widespread apathy among students”
8) Mutilation (Noun) – अंगभंग
Meaning: the action of mutilating or being mutilated.
Synonyms: maiming, disfigurement, dismembering
Antonyms: reparation. improvement, rebuilding
Usage:”a culture which found any mutilation of the body abhorrent”
9)Scrap (Verb) – सेवा से हटाना
Meaning: discard or remove from service
Synonyms:throw away, throw out, dispose of
Antonyms: keep, preserve
Usage: “a bold decision was taken to scrap existing plant”
10) Entail (Verb) – आवश्यक होना
Meaning: involve (something) as a necessary or inevitable part or consequence.
Synonyms: necessitate, make necessary, require
Antonyms: exclude, omit, untangle
Usage: “a situation which entails considerable risks”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
21 total views, 2 views today