1) Tirade (Noun) – निंदा-भाषण
Meaning: A long, angry speech of criticism or accusation.
Synonyms: Diatribe, Invective, Polemic, Denunciation
Antonyms: Compliment, Praise, Calm
2) Scorn (Verb) – अवमानना या तिरस्कार करना
Meaning: Feel or express contempt or disdain for.
Synonyms: Deride, Disdain, disparage,
Antonyms: Admire, Respect
Usage: The minister scorned Labour’s attempt to woo voters
3) Incendiary (Noun) – विस्फोटक, बम (आग लगानेवाला)
Meaning: An incendiary bomb or device
Synonyms: Explosive, Bomb
Usage: The Holy City was blasted by incendiaries
4) Rigging (Verb) – हेरफेर करना
Meaning: Manage or conduct (something) fraudulently so as to gain an advantage
Synonyms: Manipulate, Influence, Pervert
Antonyms: Depriving, Dispossessing, Divesting
Usage: Even at the Ivies they dress in the standard rigging of the college student: T-shirt and jeans
5) Incite (Verb) – उत्तेजित करना
Meaning: Encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behaviour).
Synonyms: Work up, Encourage, Stimulate
Antonyms: Suppress, Dissuade, Deter
Usage: They conspired to incite riots
6) Prognosis (Noun) – रोग का निदान
Meaning: The likely course of a medical condition.
Synonyms: Forecast, Prediction, Projection
Usage: It is very difficult to make an accurate prognosis
7) Bulwark (Noun) – एक रक्षात्मक दीवार
Meaning: A defensive wall.
Synonyms: Rampart, Fortification, Parapet
Antonyms: Assail, Assault, Attack
Usage: Democratic principles that stand as a bulwark against tyranny
8) Disrupt (Verb) – बाधा डालना
Meaning: Interrupt (an event, activity, or process) by causing a disturbance or problem.
Synonyms: Distort, Damage, Buckle, Warp
Antonyms: organize, Arrange
Usage: Flooding disrupted rail services
9) Collapse (Verb) – ढहना
Meaning: (of a structure) suddenly fall down or give way.
Synonyms: Cave in, Fall in, Subside
Antonyms: Hold up
Usage: The roof collapsed on top of me
10) Dent (Verb) – कम करना
Meaning: Have an adverse effect on; diminish.
Synonyms: Diminish, Reduce, Lessen, Shrink
Usage: He hit a concrete bollard, denting the wing
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
29 total views, 1 views today