1) Fillip (Noun) – उत्तेजना
Meaning: something which acts as a stimulus or boost to an activity.
Synonyms: stimulus, stimulation
Usage: “the halving of car tax would provide a fillip to sales”
2) Becalmed (Verb) – फंसे हुए असहाय
Meaning: leave (a sailing ship) unable to move through lack of wind.
Synonyms: stranded, stuck, marooned
Antonyms: active, mobile, moving
Usage: “both boats hung on before the whole fleet was becalmed south of Rampholme”
3) Tumbled (Verb) – राशि या मूल्य में तेजी से गिरावट
Meaning: fall rapidly in amount or value.
Synonyms: plummet, plunge, dive
Antonyms: rise, soar
Usage: “property prices tumbled”
4) Slump (Verb) – भारी और सीमित रूप से गिरना
Meaning: sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply.
Synonyms: flop, flump, collapse
Antonyms: stand up, sit up
Usage: “she slumped against the cushions”
5) Tinkered (Verb) – सुधार करने का प्रयास।
Meaning: attempt to repair or improve something in a casual or desultory way.
Synonyms: try to mend/improve, work amateurishly on
Antonyms: broke, brake
Usage: “he spent hours tinkering with the car”
6) Benign (Adjective) – कोमल और दयालु
Meaning: gentle and kind.
Synonyms: kindly, kind, warm-hearted
Antonyms: unfriendly, hostile
Usage: “his benign but firm manner”
7) Accrued (Verb) – प्रोद्भूत होना
Meaning: be received by someone in regular or increasing amounts over time.
Synonyms: result, arise, follow
Antonyms: declined, dropped
Usage: “financial benefits will accrue from restructuring”
8) Ascent (Noun) – आरोहण
Meaning: a climb or walk to the summit of a mountain or hill.
Synonyms: climb, scaling, conquest
Usage: “the first ascent of the Matterhorn”
9) Quagmire (Noun) – दलदल
Meaning: a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.
Synonyms: swamp, morass, bog
Antonyms: advantage, agreement
Usage: “torrential rain turned the building site into a quagmire”
10) Acerbic (Adjective) – तेज, व्यंग्यात्मक
Meaning: sharp and forthright.
Synonyms: sharp, sarcastic, sardonic
Antonyms: mild, kind
Usage: “his acerbic wit”
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
66 total views, 1 views today