1) Confined (Adjective) – परिरुद्ध
Meaning: restricted in area or volume; cramped.
Synonyms: cramped, constricted, restricted
Antonyms: open, roomy
Usage: “her fear of confined spaces”
2) Etiquette (Noun) – शिष्टाचार
Meaning: the customary code of polite behaviour in society or among members of a particular profession or group.
Synonyms: protocol, polite behaviour
Antonyms: discourtesy, immorality
Usage: “the rules of etiquette are changing”
3) Persistent (Adjective) – दृढ़
Meaning: continuing firmly or obstinately in an opinion or course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
Synonyms: tenacious, persevering, determined
Usage: “one of the government’s most persistent critics”
4) Devolve (Verb) – हस्तान्तरित होना
Meaning: transfer or delegate (power) to a lower level
Synonyms: depute, transfer
Antonyms: centralize, retain
Usage: “measures to devolve power to a Scottish assembly”
5) Imperative (Adjective) – महत्वपूर्ण
Meaning: of vital importance; crucial.
Synonyms: all-important, vital, crucial
Antonyms: unimportant, optional
Usage: “immediate action was imperative”
6) Shaky (Adjective) – काँपना
Meaning: shaking or trembling.
Synonyms: trembling, shaking, tremulous
Usage: “she managed a shaky laugh”
7) Resumption (Noun) – पुनरारंभ
Meaning: the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms: restart, restarting, recommencement
Antonyms: suspension, abandonment
Usage: “with peace came the resumption of foreign imports”
8) Intermittent (Adjective) – आंतरायिक
Meaning: occurring at irregular intervals; not continuous or steady.
Synonyms: sporadic, irregular, fitful
Antonyms: continuous, steady
Usage: “intermittent rain”
9) Prudent (Adjective) – विवेकी
Meaning: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
Synonyms: wise, well judged, judicious
Antonyms: unwise, imprudent, incautious
Usage: “no prudent money manager would authorize a loan without first knowing its purpose”
10) Semblance (Noun) – बाहरी दिखावा
Meaning: the outward appearance or apparent form of something, especially when the reality is different.
Synonyms: appearance, outward appearance
Antonyms: back, character, concrete
Usage: “she tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order”
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 23
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 22
54 total views, 1 views today