1) Consensus (Noun) – मतैक्य
Meaning: a general agreement.
Synonyms: agreement, harmony, concord
Antonyms: disagreement, minority view
Usage: “there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed”
2) Resumption (Noun) – पुनरारंभ
Meaning: the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms: restart, restarting, recommencement
Usage: “with peace came the resumption of foreign imports”
3) Expatriate (Noun) – देशनिष्कासिती
Meaning: denoting or relating to a person living outside their native country.
Synonyms: emigrant, living abroad
Usage: “expatriate workers”
4) Dilemmas (Noun) – दुविधाओं
Meaning: a situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or more alternatives, especially ones that are equally undesirable.
Synonyms: quandary, predicament, difficulty
Antonyms: solutions, resolutions, answers
Usage: “he wants to make money, but he also disapproves of it: Den’s dilemma in a nutshell”
5) Peculiar (Adjective) – अजीब, असामान्य, अनोखा
Meaning: different to what is normal or expected; strange.
Synonyms: strange, unusual, odd
Antonyms: normal, ordinary
Usage: “he gave her some very peculiar looks”
6) Convalescent (Adjective) – स्वस्थ होना
Meaning: recovering from an illness or medical treatment.
Synonyms: recuperating, recovering
Antonyms: deteriorating, failing
Usage: “a convalescent child”
7) Feasibility (Noun) – व्यवहार्यता
Meaning: the state or degree of being easily or conveniently done.
Synonyms: practicability, practicality
Usage: “the feasibility of screening athletes for cardiac disease”
8) Efficacy (Noun) – प्रभावोत्पादकता
Meaning: the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
Usage:”there is little information on the efficacy of this treatment”
9)Ascertain (Verb) – पता लगाना
Meaning: find (something) out for certain; make sure of.
Synonyms:discover, get/come to know
Antonyms: miss, overlook, aid
Usage: “an attempt to ascertain the cause of the accident”
10) Cavalier (Adjective) – बेतकल्लुफ़
Meaning: showing a lack of proper concern; offhand.
Synonyms: offhand, indifferent, casual
Usage: “Anne was irritated by his cavalier attitude”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
16 total views, 1 views today