1) Poised (Adjective) — की ओर अग्रसर
Meaning: having a composed and self-assured manner.
Synonyms: self-possessed, self-assured, composed
Antonyms: excited, flustered, inelegant
Usage: “not every day you saw that poised, competent kid distressed”
2) Protracted (Adjective) — लंबे समय तक
Meaning: lasting for a long time or longer than expected or usual.
Synonyms: prolonged, extended, stretched out
Antonyms: curtail, shorten
Usage: “a protracted and bitter dispute”
3) Elude (Verb) — बचना
Meaning: escape from or avoid (a danger, enemy, or pursuer), typically in a skilful or cunning way.
Synonyms: evade, avoid, get away from
Antonyms: be caught by
Usage: “he tried to elude the security men by sneaking through a back door”
4) Precarious (Adjective) — अनिश्चित
Meaning: not securely held or in position; dangerously likely to fall or collapse.
Synonyms: uncertain, insecure, unreliable
Antonyms: safe, secure
Usage: “he made a precarious living as a painter”
5) Helm (Noun) — नेतृत्व की स्थिति
Meaning: a position of leadership.
Synonyms: in charge, in command, in control
Antonyms: subordinate, conclusion, employee
Usage: “the chairman is to step down after four years at the helm”
6) Oblige (Verb) — मजबूर करना
Meaning: make (someone) legally or morally bound to do something.
Synonyms: require, compel, bind, make
Antonyms: delay, free, release
Usage: “doctors are obliged by law to keep patients alive while there is a chance of recovery”
7) Peddled (Verb) — बेचने की कोशिश करो
Meaning: try to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from place to place.
Synonyms: sell, sell from door to door, hawk
Antonyms: bought, pulled
Usage: “he peddled printing materials around the country”
8) Deleterious (Adjective) — नुकसान या क्षति का कारण
Meaning: causing harm or damage.
Synonyms: harmful, damaging, detrimental
Antonyms: beneficial, advantageous
Usage: “divorce is assumed to have deleterious effects on children”
9) Ample (Adjective) — प्रचुर
Meaning: enough or more than enough; plentiful.
Synonyms: enough, sufficient, adequate
Antonyms: insufficient, meagre
Usage: “there is ample time for discussion”
10) Obstructive (Adjective) — कठिनाइयाँ
Meaning: causing or tending to cause deliberate difficulties and delays.
Synonyms: making difficulties, unhelpful, uncooperative
Antonyms: helpful, supportive, cooperative
Usage: “he denied the council had been obstructive”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
52 total views, 2 views today