1) Congregated (Verb) – एकत्रित होना
Meaning: gather into a crowd or mass.
Synonyms: assemble, gather, collect
Usage: “some 4,000 demonstrators had congregated at a border point”
2) Assertions (Noun) – अभिकथन
Meaning: a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.
Synonyms: declaration, contention, statement
Antonyms: disavowals, denial, desertion
Usage: “his assertion that his father had deserted the family”
3) Accorded (Verb) – प्रदान करना
Meaning: give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).
Synonyms: give, grant, tender
Antonyms: withhold, remove
Usage: “the powers accorded to the head of state”
4) Creeping (Verb) – रेंगना
Meaning: move slowly and carefully in order to avoid being heard or noticed.
Synonyms: crawl, move on all fours, move on hands and knees
Antonyms: barreling, bolting, breakneck
Usage: “he crept downstairs, hardly making any noise”
5) Adversary (Noun) – प्रतिद्वंद्वी
Meaning: one’s opponent in a contest, conflict, or dispute.
Synonyms: opponent, rival, enemy
Antonyms: ally, supporter
Usage: “Davis beat his old adversary in the quarter-finals”
6) Complacent (Adjective) – आत्मसंतुष्ट
Meaning: showing smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one’s achievements.
Synonyms: smug, self-satisfied, pleased with oneself
Antonyms: dissatisfied, humble
Usage: “you can’t afford to be complacent about security”
7) Castigating (Verb) – फटकारना
Meaning: reprimand (someone) severely.
Synonyms: reprimand, rebuke, admonish
Antonyms: praise, commend
Usage: “he was castigated for not setting a good example”
8) Expediency (Noun) – समीचीनता
Meaning: the quality of being convenient and practical despite possibly being improper or immoral; convenience.
Synonyms: convenience, advantage, advantageousness
Usage: “an act of political expediency”
9) Unenviable (Adjective) – अवांछनीय
Meaning: difficult, undesirable, or unpleasant.
Synonyms: disagreeable, unpleasant, undesirable
Antonyms: enviable, desirable
Usage: “an unenviable reputation for drunkenness”
10) Disrupting (Verb) – बाधा पहुँचाना
Meaning: drastically alter or destroy the structure of.
Synonyms: distort, damage, buckle
Antonyms: organize, arrange
Usage: “alcohol can disrupt the chromosomes of an unfertilized egg”
08 June 2020 most important current affairs questions – watch now
08 जून 2020 सबसे महत्वपूर्ण करंट अफेयर्स प्रश्न – अभी देखें
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams