1) Premeditated (Verb) – पूर्वचिन्तित
Meaning: think out or plan (an action, especially a crime) beforehand.
Synonyms: planned, intentional, intended
Antonyms: accidental, unintentional, spontaneous
Usage: “premeditated murder”
2) Leverage (Noun) – उत्तोलन
Meaning: the exertion of force by means of a lever.
Synonyms: grip, purchase, hold
Antonyms:weakness, impotence, powerlessness
Usage: “my spade hit something solid that wouldn’t respond to leverage”
3) Traumatic (Adjective) – दर्दनाक
Meaning: deeply disturbing or distressing.
Synonyms: disturbing, shocking, distressing
Antonyms:soothing, calming, successful
Usage: “she was going through a traumatic divorce”
4) Reverberated (Verb) – गूंजना
Meaning: be repeated several times as an echo.
Synonyms: resound, echo, re-echo
Antonyms: held, kept, retained
Usage: “her deep booming laugh reverberated around the room”
5) Impropriety (Noun) – अनौचित्य
Meaning: failure to observe standards of honesty or modesty; improper behaviour or character.
Synonyms: wrongdoing, misconduct, dishonesty
Usage: “she was scandalized at the impropriety of the question”
6) Defamation (Noun) – मानहानि
Meaning: the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
Synonyms: libel, slander, character assassination
Usage: “she sued him for defamation”
7) Rapport (Noun) – संबंध
Meaning: a relationship of mutual trust and respect
Synonyms: affinity, close/special relationship, (mutual) understanding
Antonyms: coldness, disagreement, discord
Usage: “she was able to establish a good rapport with the children”
8) Cleaved (Verb) – अलग या विभाजित करना
Meaning: split or sever (something), especially along a natural line or grain.
Synonyms: split, split open, crack open
Antonyms: closed, combined, connected
Usage:”the large axe his father used to cleave wood for the fire”
9) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अभूतपूर्व
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms:unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: Normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
10) Endorsement (Noun) – परांकन
Meaning: the action of endorsing someone or something.
Synonyms: support, backing, approval
Usage: “the issue of full independence received overwhelming endorsement”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
32 total views, 1 views today