1) Thronging (Verb) – झुंड या बड़ी संख्या में मौजूद होना
Meaning: flock or be present in great numbers.
Synonyms: rush, stream, flock
Antonyms: dispersed, loose, open
Usage: “tourists thronged to the picturesque village”
2) Pinnacle (Noun) – उच्चतम स्तर, शिखर, ऊंचाई
Meaning: the most successful point; the culmination.
Synonyms: highest level, peak, height
Antonyms: nadir, trough
Usage: “he had reached the pinnacle of his career”
3) Skirmishes (Noun) – तर्क या झगड़ा
Meaning: a short argument.
Synonyms: argument, quarrel, squabble
Antonyms: agrees, harmonises
Usage: “there was a skirmish over the budget”
4) Protracted (Verb) – अवधि का विस्तार करना
Synonyms: prolong, extend, extend the duration of
Antonyms: curtail, shorten
Usage: “he had certainly taken his time, even protracting the process”
5) Churn (Noun) – मथनी
Meaning: move or cause to move about vigorously.
Synonyms: be turbulent, heave, boil
Antonyms: freeze, be happy, stream
Usage: “the seas churned”
6) Paradoxes (Noun) – असत्याभास
Meaning: a seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true.
Synonyms: contradiction, contradiction in terms, self-contradiction
Antonyms: accuracy, certainty, correction
Usage: “the uncertainty principle leads to all sorts of paradoxes, like the particles being in two places at once”
7) Requisite (Adjective) – अपेक्षित
Meaning: ade necessary by particular circumstances or regulations.
Synonyms: necessary, required, prerequisite
Antonyms: optional, unnecessary, non-essential
Usage: “the application will not be processed until the requisite fee is paid”
8) Relegated (Verb) – बाहर निकाल देना
Meaning: assign an inferior rank or position to.
Synonyms: downgrade, lower, lower in rank/status
Antonyms: upgrade, promote
Usage: “they aim to prevent women from being relegated to a secondary role”
9) Putative (Adjective) – ख्यात
Meaning: generally considered or reputed to be.
Synonyms: supposed, assumed, presumed
Antonyms: proven, real, true
Usage: “the putative author of the book”
10) Contention (Noun) – विवाद
Meaning: heated disagreement.
Synonyms: disagreement, dispute, disputation
Usage: “the captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
14 total views, 2 views today