1) Endorsement (Noun) – समर्थन
Meaning: the action of endorsing someone or something.
Synonyms: support, backing, approval
Usage: “the issue of full independence received overwhelming endorsement”
2) Potent (Adjective) – शक्तिशाली
Meaning: having great power, influence, or effect.
Synonyms: powerful, strong, vigorous
Antonyms: weak, impotent
Usage: “thrones were potent symbols of authority”
3) Succour (Noun) – परेशानी में सहायता
Meaning: assistance and support in times of hardship and distress.
Synonyms: aid, help, a helping hand
Antonyms: hindrance, obstruction, opposition
Usage: “the wounded had little chance of succour”
4) Maverick (Noun) – एक अपरंपरागत या स्वतंत्र दिमाग वाला व्यक्ति
Meaning: an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
Synonyms: individualist, nonconformist, free spirit
Usage: “he’s the maverick of the senate”
5) Dexterity (Noun) – निपुणता
Meaning: skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands.
Synonyms: deftness, adeptness, adroitness
Antonyms: clumsiness, stupidity, insensitivity
Usage: “her dexterity with chopsticks”
6) Spur (Noun) – प्रोत्साहन
Meaning: a thing that prompts or encourages someone; an incentive.
Synonyms: stimulus, incentive, encouragement
Antonyms: disincentive, discouragement
Usage: “wars act as a spur to practical invention”
7) Sway (Verb) – लयबद्ध रूप से पीछे और आगे झूमना
Meaning: move or cause to move slowly or rhythmically backwards and forwards or from side to side.
Synonyms: swing, shake, oscillate
Antonyms: continue, dive in, plunge in
Usage: “he swayed slightly on his feet”
8) Stint (Verb) – पर कंजूसी करना
Meaning: be very economical or mean about spending or providing something.
Synonyms: skimp on, scrimp on, be economical with
Antonyms: extension, increase, advantage
Usage: “he doesn’t stint on wining and dining”
9) Bonhomie (Noun) – खुशमिज़ाजी
Meaning: cheerful friendliness; geniality.
Synonyms: geniality, congeniality, conviviality
Usage: “he exuded good humour and bonhomie”
10) Moratorium (Noun) – अधिस्थगन
Meaning: a temporary prohibition of an activity.
Synonyms: embargo, ban, prohibition
Antonyms: prescription, aid, assistance
Usage: “a moratorium on the use of drift nets”
- 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 13th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 18th and 19th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 16th & 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
36 total views, 2 views today