1) Zeal (Noun) — उत्साह
Meaning: great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
Synonyms: passion, zealousness, committedness
Antonyms: apathy, indifference
Usage: “his zeal for privatization”
2) Cognisance (Noun) — संज्ञान
Meaning: knowledge or awareness.
Synonyms: awareness, notice, knowledge
Antonyms:ignorance, disregard, unawareness
Usage: “the Renaissance cognisance of Greece was limited”
3) Hurling (Verb) – फेंकना
Meaning: throw or impel (someone or something) with great force.
Synonyms: throw, toss, fling, pitch
Usage: “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
4) Restraining (Verb) — निरोधक
Meaning: prevent (someon e or something) from doing something; keep under control or within limits.
Synonyms: prevent, stop, keep
Antonyms: force, compel, encourage
Usage: “the need to restrain public expenditure”
5) Menace (Noun) — धमकी
Meaning: a threatening quality or atmosphere.
Synonyms: threat, ominousness, intimidation
Antonyms: friendly, auspicious
Usage: “he spoke the words with a hint of menace”
6) Pervasive (Adjective) — प्रचलित
Meaning: spreading widely throughout an area or a group of people
Synonyms: prevalent, penetrating, pervading
Antonyms: unpopular, uncommon,unliked
Usage: “ageism is pervasive and entrenched in our society”
7) Hapless (Adjective) — अभागी
Meaning: (especially of a person) unfortunate.
Synonyms: unfortunate, unlucky, luckless
Usage: “the hapless victims of the disaster”
8) Ramshackle (Adjective) — टूटा-फूटा
Meaning: in a state of severe disrepair.
Synonyms: tumbledown, dilapidated, derelict
Antonyms: well maintained, sturdy
Usage:”a ramshackle cottage”
9) Hues (Noun) — चरित्र या पहलू
Meaning: character or aspect.
Synonyms:type, kind, sort, cast
Usage: “men of all political hues submerged their feuds”
10) Recalcitrant (Adjective) – आज्ञा न माननेवाला
Meaning: having an obstinately uncooperative attitude towards authority or discipline.
Synonyms: uncooperative, obstinately disobedient
Antonyms: amenable, docile, compliant
Usage: “a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 18
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 18th and 19th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 17 Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 17
115 total views, 1 views today