1) Antecedents (Noun) – पूर्ववृत्त
Meaning: a person’s ancestors or family and social background.
Synonyms: ancestor, forefather, forebear
Usage: “her early life and antecedents have been traced”
2) Provocation (Noun) – उकसावा
Meaning: action or speech that makes someone angry, especially deliberately.
Synonyms: goading, prodding, egging on
Antonyms: counter incentive, disincentive, compliment
Usage: “you should remain calm and not respond to provocation”
3) Inflated (Verb) – वातित या भरा हुआ
Meaning: fill (a balloon, tyre, or other expandable structure) with air or gas so that it becomes distended.
Synonyms: blown up, aerated, filled
Usage: “never use an air line on a garage forecourt to inflate your tyres”
4) Defamation (Noun) – मानहानि
Meaning: the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
Synonyms: libel, slander, character assassination
Usage: “she sued him for defamation”
5) Cohort (Noun) – समूह
Meaning: a group of people with a shared characteristic.
Synonyms: group, categorization, category
Antonyms: opponent, rival, leader
Usage: “a cohort of civil servants patiently drafting legislation”
6) Crook (Noun) – अपराधी
Meaning: a person who is dishonest or a criminal.
Synonyms: criminal, lawbreaker, offender
Antonyms: law-abiding citizen
Usage: “the man’s a crook, he’s not to be trusted”
7) Deterrent (Noun) – निवारक
Meaning: a thing that discourages or is intended to discourage someone from doing something.
Synonyms: disincentive, discouragement, dissuasion
Antonyms: incentive, encouragement
Usage: “cameras are a major deterrent to crime”
8) Dubious (Adjective) – संदिग्ध
Meaning: hesitating or doubting.
Synonyms: doubtful, uncertain, unsure
Antonyms: certain, definite
Usage:”I was rather dubious about the whole idea”
9)Lackadaisical (Adjective) – लापरवाह
Meaning: lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.
Synonyms:careless, lazy, lax
Antonyms: enthusiastic, excited
Usage: “a lackadaisical defence left Spurs adrift in the second half”
10) Cynical (Adjective) – संदेहपूर्ण
Meaning: doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile.
Synonyms: skeptical, doubtful, distrustful
Antonyms: optimistic, credulous
Usage: “most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city”
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep in Hindi
- 18th & 19th Sep Current Affairs Quiz
- 18th & 19th Sep Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month– Day 19