1) Retaliation (Noun) – प्रतिका
Meaning: the action of returning a military attack; counter-attack.
Synonyms: revenge, vengeance, reprisal
Antonyms: forgiveness, pardon, sympathy
Usage: “the bombings are believed to be in retaliation for the trial of 15 suspects”
2) Lauded (Verb) – प्रशंसा करना
Meaning: praise (a person or their achievements) highly.
Synonyms: praise, extol, hail
Usage: “the obituary lauded him as a great statesman and soldier”
3) Efficacy (Noun) – प्रभावोत्पादकता
Meaning: the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
Synonyms: effectiveness, success, successfulness
Usage: “there is little information on the efficacy of this treatment”
4) Anecdotal (Adjective) – उपाख्यानात्मक
Meaning: not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
Synonyms: informal, unreliable, based on hearsay
Antonyms: experimental, scientific
Usage: “while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact”
5) Juncture (Noun) – समयबिंदु
Meaning: a particular point in events or time.
Synonyms: point, point in time, time
Antonyms: advantage, blessing, calm
Usage: “it is difficult to say at this juncture whether this upturn can be sustained”
6) Endorsed (Verb) – पृष्ठांकित
Meaning: declare one’s public approval or support of.
Synonyms: allow, approve
Antonyms: disallowed, disapproved, discouraged
Usage: “the report was endorsed by the college”
7) Winnowed (Verb) – खोजें या पहचानें
Meaning: find or identify (a valuable or useful part of something).
Synonyms: isolate, sort out, find
Antonyms: open, lay open, put in
Usage: “amidst this welter of confusing signals, it’s difficult to winnow out the truth”
8) Caucuses (Noun) – सभा
Meaning: a meeting at which local members of a political party register their preference among candidates running for office or select delegates to attend a convention.
Synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage:”Hawaii holds its nominating caucuses next Tuesday”
9)Presumptive (Adjective) – आनुमानिक
Meaning: of the nature of a presumption; presumed in the absence of further information.
Synonyms:conjectural, speculative, tentative
Usage: “a presumptive diagnosis”
10) Buoyed (Verb) – हँसमुख और आश्वस्त करना
Meaning: make (someone) cheerful and confident.
Synonyms: cheer, cheer up, brighten up
Usage: “she was buoyed up by his praise”
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines in Hindi 24th and 25th Sep 2020
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz for 24th and 25th Sep 2020 in Hindi and English
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines 24th and 25th Sep 2020
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month– Day 24
- Daily Current Affairs for 23rd Sep 2020 in English and Hindi
- Daily Current Affairs in Hindi: 23rd Sep 2020