1) Hostile (Adjective) – शत्रुतापूर्ण
Meaning: showing or feeling opposition or dislike; unfriendly.
Synonyms: antagonistic, aggressive, confrontational
Antonyms: friendly, mild
Usage: “a hostile audience”
2) Reluctant (Adjective) – अनिच्छुक
Meaning: unwilling and hesitant; disinclined.
Synonyms: unwilling, disinclined, unenthusiastic
Antonyms: willing, eager, ready
Usage: “today, many ordinary people are still reluctant to talk about politics”
3) Accentuated (Verb) – अधिक ध्यान देने योग्य या प्रमुख बनाना
Meaning: make more noticeable or prominent.
Synonyms: underscore, accent, highlight
Antonyms: mask, divert attention from
Usage: “his jacket unfortunately accentuated his paunch”
4) Debilitated (Verb) – दुर्बल करना
Meaning: make (someone) very weak and infirm.
Synonyms: weakening, enfeebling, enervating
Usage: “he was severely debilitated by a stomach upset”
5) Bashing (Verb) – हिंसक तरीके से प्रहार करना
Meaning: strike hard and violently.
Synonyms: strike, hit, beat
Usage: “she bashed him with the book”
6) Surge (Noun) – महोर्मि
Meaning: a sudden powerful forward or upward movement, especially by a crowd or by a natural force such as the tide.
Synonyms: gush, rush, outpouring
Antonyms: decline, decrease, fall
Usage: “flooding caused by tidal surges”
7) Cessation (Noun) – समाप्ति
Meaning: the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end.
Synonyms: end, ending, termination
Antonyms: start, resumption
Usage: “the cessation of hostilities”
8) Curb (Noun) – नियंत्रण
Meaning: a check or restraint on something.
Synonyms: restraint, restriction, check
Antonyms: encouragement, freedom, inside
Usage: “plans to introduce tougher curbs on insider dealing”
9) Emphasis (Noun) – प्रमुखता या महत्व
Meaning: special importance, value, or prominence given to something.
Synonyms: prominence, importance, significance
Antonyms: ignorance, incompetence, insignificance
Usage: “they placed great emphasis on the individual’s freedom”
10) Humane (Adjective) – मानवोचित
Meaning: having or showing compassion or benevolence.
Synonyms: compassionate, kind, kindly
Antonyms: cruel, inhumane
Usage: “regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18