1) Collated (Verb) – इकट्ठा करना या जमा करना
Meaning: collect and combine (texts, information, or data).
Synonyms: collect, gather, accumulate
Usage: “all the information obtained is being collated”
2) Akin (Adjective) – समान, संबंधित
Meaning: of similar character.
Synonyms: similar, related, close
Usage: “something akin to gratitude overwhelmed her”
3) Incipient (Adjective) – उत्पन्न होनेवाला
Meaning: developing into a specified type or role.
Synonyms: developing, impending, growing
Usage: “we seemed more like friends than incipient lovers”
4) Cognisant (Adjective) – ज्ञान या जागरूकता होना
Meaning: having knowledge or awareness.
Synonyms: aware, conscious, apprised
Antonyms: insensible, oblivious, unaware
Usage: “statesmen must be cognizant of the political boundaries within which they work”
5) Breach (Noun) – उल्लंघन
Meaning: an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct.
Synonyms: contravention, violation, breaking
Antonyms: agreement, bridge
Usage: “a breach of confidence”
6) Exempting (Verb) – छूट देना
Meaning: free (a person or organization) from an obligation or liability imposed on others.
Synonyms: free from, not liable to, not subject to
Antonyms: liable to, subject to
Usage: “they were exempted from paying the tax”
7) Beset (Noun) – लगातार परेशान
Meaning: trouble (someone or something) persistently.
Synonyms: bedevil, attack, assail
Antonyms: aid, assist, clarify
Usage: “the social problems that beset the UK”
8) Gambit (Noun) – कूटयुक्ति
Meaning: an act or remark that is calculated to gain an advantage, especially at the outset of a situation.
Synonyms: stratagem, machination, scheme
Antonyms: frankness, honesty, openness
Usage: “his resignation was a tactical gambit”
9) Bump (Verb) – टकराना
Meaning: knock or run into someone or something with a jolt.
Synonyms: hit, ram, bang (into)
Usage: “I almost bumped into him”
10) Burnished (Verb) – पालिश करना या चिकनाना
Meaning: polish (something, especially metal) by rubbing.
Synonyms: polish (up), shine, brighten
Usage: “highly burnished armour”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 13
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 14
17 total views, 2 views today