1) Conducive (Adjective) — उपकारी
Meaning: making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible.
Synonyms: good for, helpful to, instrumental in
Usage: “the harsh lights and cameras were hardly conducive to a relaxed atmosphere”
2) Litigants (Noun) — वादियों
Meaning: a person involved in a lawsuit.
Synonyms: litigator, opponent in law, opponent
Usage: Number One is the represented litigant who is compensated for both costs and counsel fees.
3) Consolation (Noun) — सांत्वना
Meaning: the comfort received by a person after a loss or disappointment.
Synonyms: comfort, solace, sympathy
Antonyms:agitation, annoyance, antagonism
Usage: “there was consolation in knowing that others were worse off”
4) Discomﬁture (Noun) – शर्मिंदगी या बेचैनी
Meaning: a feeling of unease or embarrassment; awkwardness.
Synonyms: embarrassment, unease, uneasiness
Antonyms: easiness, comfort
Usage: “many MPs are secretly enjoying his discomfiture”
5) Festering (Verb) – बुरा या अधिक तीव्र हो जाना
Meaning: become worse or more intense, especially through long-term neglect or indifference.
Synonyms: rankle, chafe, gnaw (at one’s mind)
Antonyms: pleasing, soothing
Usage: “below the surface, the old antagonisms festered”
6) Fatigued (Verb) – थक जाना
Meaning: cause (someone) to feel exhausted.
Synonyms: tire, tire out, exhaust
Antonyms: invigorate, refresh
Usage: “they were fatigued by their journey”
7) Onslaught (Noun) – एक भयंकर या विनाशकारी हमला
Meaning: a fierce or destructive attack.
Synonyms: assault, attack, offensive
Antonyms: attack, defensive, escape
Usage: “a series of onslaughts on the citadel”
8) Belligerence (Noun) – आक्रामक या युद्ध जैसा व्यवहार
Meaning: aggressive or warlike behaviour.
Synonyms: pugnacity, aggression, animosity
Antonyms: nonaggression, pacifism, satyagraha
Usage:”Mortimer was eyeing Guy with belligerence”
9) Strife (Noun) — कलह, संघर्ष
Meaning: angry or bitter disagreement over fundamental issues; conflict.
Synonyms:conflict, friction, discord
Antonyms: harmony, peace, cooperation
Usage: “strife within the community”
10) Retaliatory (Adjective) — प्रतिकार का
Meaning: characterized by a desire for revenge.
Synonyms: avenging, punitive, reactive
Antonyms: forgiving, compassionate, lenient
Usage: “fears of a retaliatory attack by the victim’s friends”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
282 total views, 2 views today