1) Inevitable (Adjective) – अपरिहार्य
Meaning: certain to happen; unavoidable.
Synonyms: unavoidable, inescapable, bound to happen
Antonyms: avoidable, uncertain
Usage: “war was inevitable”
2) Rigorous (Adjective) – सख्त
Meaning: extremely thorough and careful.
Synonyms: meticulous, punctilious, conscientious
Usage: “the rigorous testing of consumer products”
3) Presumes (Verb) – मान लेना
Meaning: suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability.
Synonyms: assume, suppose, dare say
Antonyms: abstains, calculates, disbelieves
Usage: “I presumed that the man had been escorted from the building”
4) Subsequent (Adjective) – अनुवर्ती
Meaning: coming after something in time; following.
Synonyms: following, ensuing, succeeding
Antonyms: previous, prior, former
Usage: “the theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906”
5) Adhere (Verb) – पालन या अनुसरण करना
Meaning: stick fast to (a surface or substance).
Synonyms: stick, stick fast, cling
Antonyms: separate, loosen, remove
Usage: “paint won’t adhere well to a greasy surface”
6) Distressing (Verb) – चिंता, दुःख
Meaning: cause (someone) anxiety, sorrow, or pain.
Synonyms: grieve, sadden, trouble
Antonyms: calm, soothe, please
Usage: “I didn’t mean to distress you”
7) Moribund (Adjective) – मरणासन्न
Meaning: at the point of death.
Synonyms: dying, expiring
Antonyms: thriving, recovering
Usage: “on examination she was moribund and dehydrated”
8) Meagre (Adjective) – मात्रा या गुणवत्ता में कमी
Meaning: lacking in quantity or quality.
Synonyms: inadequate, scanty, scant
Usage: “they were forced to supplement their meagre earnings”
9) Bloc (Noun) – गुट
Meaning: a group of countries or political parties with common interests who have formed an alliance.
Synonyms: alliance, association, coalition
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage: “the Soviet bloc”
10) Intrusive (Adjective) – पेचीदा
Meaning: causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited.
Synonyms: intruding, invasive, obtrusive
Usage: “that was an intrusive question”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
16 total views, 1 views today